A.J. Hawk/Paul Posluszny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A.J. Hawk/Paul Posluszny

It'll Happen11

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
IMO the two best LB's in College Football right now are these two guys. The question is who? or who will be better in the pros?. AJ Hawk will probably be the first to pop into everyones heads but Posluszny is extremely under rated. I recently read Fox Sports' College Football mid-season awards and it was back and forth on these two guys for best defensive player. I decided to watch these two guys in action on Saturday for the first time and could not make a decision off one game, plus, they are very different LB's but I did notice Hawk was a more well rounded LB but also noticed Posluszny's complete domination of the running game. You guys can give me your opinions whle I present some stats:

Paul Posluszny- 88 Tackles/ 6.5 TFL/ 2 Sacks
AJ Hawk- 75 Tackles/ 9 TFL/ 4.5 Sacks/ 1 INT

Also, when Penn St. played Ohio State a couple of weeks ago: (from collegefootballnews.com) "Hawk got outplayed by Penn State LB Paul Posluszny, who made 14 tackles, one sack and two tackles for loss, but the Buckeye star still led the team in tackles with nine to go along with 2.5 tackles for loss in the 17-10 loss. "

Pos is good but hes like 5th on my list with these 4 ahead of him

1. AJ Hawk
2. Chad Greenway
3. Ahmad Brooks [cause of injury...is very close to aj hawk]
4. DeMeco Ryans

I dont think Posluszny will leave. Penn State has just started getting good again, not sure if Paul would want to leave thinking what could've been.

I would rate Bobby Carpenter over Paul, but I would love to have any one of these guys.

Buddwalk said:
Pos is good but hes like 5th on my list with these 4 ahead of him

1. AJ Hawk
2. Chad Greenway
3. Ahmad Brooks [cause of injury...is very close to aj hawk]
4. DeMeco Ryans

I havent been able to see brooks play but yeah I hear hes a monster, whats so crazy about him though?

It'll Happen11 said:
IMO the two best LB's in College Football right now are these two guys. The question is who? or who will be better in the pros?. AJ Hawk will probably be the first to pop into everyones heads but Posluszny is extremely under rated. I recently read Fox Sports' College Football mid-season awards and it was back and forth on these two guys for best defensive player. I decided to watch these two guys in action on Saturday for the first time and could not make a decision off one game, plus, they are very different LB's but I did notice Hawk was a more well rounded LB but also noticed Posluszny's complete domination of the running game. You guys can give me your opinions whle I present some stats:

Paul Posluszny- 88 Tackles/ 6.5 TFL/ 2 Sacks
AJ Hawk- 75 Tackles/ 9 TFL/ 4.5 Sacks/ 1 INT

Also, when Penn St. played Ohio State a couple of weeks ago: (from collegefootballnews.com) "Hawk got outplayed by Penn State LB Paul Posluszny, who made 14 tackles, one sack and two tackles for loss, but the Buckeye star still led the team in tackles with nine to go along with 2.5 tackles for loss in the 17-10 loss. "

wrong:yell:

this list you have DEFINATELY HAVE TO HAVE DQWELL JCKSON FROM UNIV. OF MARYLAND

dorsaroll156 said:

Ive been watching D'Qwell Jackson play and he is a good LB but he is a bit overrated because of his number of tackles. Good LB but I don't think he is better than Hawk,Pos,Greenway,Brooks, or Ryans.

It'll Happen11 said:
I havent been able to see brooks play but yeah I hear hes a monster, whats so crazy about him though?

If the guy can ever stay healthy hes just like Ray Lewis...thats how good he is. If healthy i think he'd be a top 5 pick

Buddwalk said:
If the guy can ever stay healthy hes just like Ray Lewis...thats how good he is. If healthy i think he'd be a top 5 pick

sweet...better prospect than Derrick Johnson?

dorsaroll156 said:

:rolleyes: have you ever said one non-homer thing on this board?

dorsaroll156 said:

Congratulations, that ignorant homer statement was definaltely "ignore list" worthy. :lol:

You think Jackson is a top 2 LB in the nation? :rofl3: Seriously? :rofl3:

You gotta watch what you say, you can lose all credibility on boards with statements like those.

Anyways good original post. Im not sure of Poz leaves PSU. PSU is losing a handful of seniors, including their entire secondary, this year but offensively, I think they will be better than they are next year. I think Poz plays another year with Dan Connor.

Poz and Connor next year might be the AJ Hawk/ Bobby Carpenter of this year.

kastofsna120 said:
:rolleyes: have you ever said one non-homer thing on this board?

Seriously, come on now.

How about the Taft guy from VT?

Is anybody watching the OSU-Minn. game?...How are Hawk and Carpenter doing against Maroney?...Best RB vs The Best LB Corp...I see he has a TD and 126 yds.

It'll Happen11 said:
Is anybody watching the OSU-Minn. game?...How are Hawk and Carpenter doing against Maroney?...Best RB vs The Best LB Corp...I see he has a TD and 126 yds.
let's not forget C greg eslinger for minnesota

Back
Top Bottom