A.J. Raebel: DIII LB working his way into the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A.J. Raebel: DIII LB working his way into the draft

CJGoCanes

Starter
Reaction score
I love later round picks, finding kids that not everybody can label a star in the making, but who will work their butts off and give it everything they have to be on a NFL team.

I mentioned A.J. Raebel from Wisconsin-Whitewater before, but he keeps growing on me. He's got the size (6'5" 244#) and speed (4.67) that will get him a NFL look, but he's also a team leader, passionate about the game, and will give it everything he has.

He could probably play any of the 3-4 LB spots, but I think he could be a better fit at ILB with his run-stopping and block-shedding abilities. He would also be a terror as a wedge-buster on special teams. Check out this blurb I saw on NFL Draft Scout:

"03/15/08 - Although he played at a D-III program and is considered a long shot to be drafted, Raebel was highly productive, finishing his career as Whitewater’s all-time leading tackler and helping the Warhawks play in the past three D-III national title games. Raebel, an outside linebacker, said he expected three key attributes to play in his favor as the April 26-27 NFL Draft approaches. “I’ve got the height, the weight and the speed,” said the 6-foot-5 Raebel, who played at 240 pounds last season. Last week, Raebel was among four Whitewater players to participate in the University of Wisconsin’s pro day in Madison for nearly 20 NFL scouts. Although Raebel said he and his teammates got only one chance to run through each NFL combine-style drill, he ran two 40-yard dashes, including a solid 4.67-second effort. “After my first 40, which was the slower of the two, [a Patriots’ scout] asked how he could get a hold of me on draft day. It’s those little things like that that you hold onto and keep you going.” Raebel said he also has drawn interest from Miami, Jacksonville, St. Louis and Baltimore. “It’s nerve wracking and it makes you bite your nails,” Raebel said. “I just want to get out there on the football field.” - Barry Bottino, Northwest Herald"

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=73830

Here's also two highlight films:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXzIPdTsrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-_x0jeo8TY

well,even though i've never heard of this guy,he seems like an interesting prospect based on the video footage you posted.

Gotta love how he keeps driving his feet through the guy to make a tackle. Solid fundamentals.

looking at this footage again,i'll say this about the guy,he seems to have a knack for getting to where the football's at pretty damn quick,and some pretty nice tackles of the RBs in the backfield pretty quick also. he could be someone we might want to take a look at.

He would end up on the practice squad...D111 O-linemen are a lot smaller than D1...he might end up flat on his back for half the plays..who knows..

It will be interesting to see which round Miami, New England or whoever pulls the trigger on this guy first. I think he will get drafted.

It should quite the guessing game for the triumverate to decide how early to go.

Kind of sucks we don't have a 5th rounder now.

seems to play alot faster than his times.the play where he ran down the back going for the score.i have to say i said -wow.

Back
Top Bottom