A Johnson and Scott McGarrahan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Johnson and Scott McGarrahan

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins | Johnson To Get A Shot - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:23 PT: Alex Marvez reports for the Sun Sentinel the Miami Dolphins are expected to give WR Albert Johnson a chance to win the job as the team's starting punt returner. He spent last season on the team's injured reserve list with a knee injury. Last year's punt returner, free agent WR Jeff Ogden, is expected to sign with another team.

If Johnson cannot handle it, there's always Ward

Dolphins | Close With One? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:19 PT:
Alex Marvez reports for the Sun Sentinel the Miami Dolphins are getting closer to re-signing free agent S Scott McGarrahan. He was a key special teams player for the team in 2001.

Guess it will be him or Trent Gamble for this slot

Why don't need just use Ward now? He is fast and only our 4th WR. I have seen top WRs take punts, so I think Ward can handle it.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Why don't need just use Ward now? He is fast and only our 4th WR. I have seen top WRs take punts, so I think Ward can handle it.
I agree w/you (believe it or not) though IMO Ward is up to our #3 WR behind OG and CC - just reading into the contract ext.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I agree w/you (believe it or not) though IMO Ward is up to our #3 WR behind OG and CC - just reading into the contract ext.

We agree for the first time, but what happens if McKnight surpasses Ward?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

We agree for the first time, but what happens if McKnight surpasses Ward?
we have at least 4 quality WR's :cool:

McGarrahan and Gamble together would make our special teams that much tougher.

Originally posted by MarSly
McGarrahan and Gamble together would make our special teams that much tougher.

You're right about that! McGarrahan and Gamble on special teams. Return men don't stand a chance. :evil:

i hope we dont release gamble...Have you seen this guy HIT and run down on special teams, this guy is really good... and the whole mcknight or Ward deal, if we get Cris Carter, one of the is out!!! I think it would be mcknight because of wards contract extension...

I would expect at S we'd keep 2 out of the 4 between Wooden, McGarrahan, Shields and Gamble and then we need to add a 4th CB or go with a walk-on/NFL Europe-type

Originally posted by dolphan39
we have at least 4 quality WR's :cool:

But we did last season. I think the depth chart will look like this:

1. Chris Chambers
2. Oronde Gadsden
3. James McKnight (more explosive than Ward, would be good as the third WR)
4. Dedric Ward

We signed Ward to an extension for A) cap reasons and B) This is Orende's last season and he most likely won't be back.

Albert Johnson ( the third no less ) had an outsatanding season in the Cfl prior to signing with Miami . He won rookie of the year , and had a ton of all purpose yardage . He excelled at punt returns . Does anyone know how his progress from surgery has/ is going? He may be a long shot , but if Miami adds no more recievers and is healthy I would not be surprised to see him earn a roster spot and contribute on special teams.

I have zero doubts he is an upgrade over Ogden ( he played for Winnipeg , where I live )

Back
Top Bottom