A Level headed Perspective!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Level headed Perspective!!!!

Mike31lm

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This Is A Must Read!!!!!!

I'm very happy with our football team. Yes, it sucks to be losing, but we are competative again. Feely is real deal, if you think about the number of games this kid has played in since high school, he hasn't even had a whole season under his belt. Do you guys really think there would not be the same growng pains with a stud number 1 pick with 4 years of college . If you consider that, this guy has less experiance than a typical rookie and has shown a tremendouse upside. We're going deep now, and scoring points. I think Jim Bates is doing an awesome job as our head coach and I would be happy to see him keep the job. He knows our players strengths and weakness's much better than Wanny did and better than any new coach coming in will. Look at the improvement we've had in the last 3 games with a lot of our core talent missing. Give this guy training camp and a few less injuries and we finish the season 10-6 or better. He has done an great job with match ups and putting our players in great positions. Look at the changes he has made to the o-line. 51 passes Sunday and only 1 sack. If we elimate a few bad plays on Sunday we beat the no.3 defense in the NFL. That would have been unheard of 4 weeks ago.We eliminate two plays on defense, we hold them to 46yds. rushing, with our two best line backers out of the game. This guy has just about turned chicken crap into chicken salad in three weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Feeley is, he isn't a rookie. Now if Feeley starts playing better like Carson Palmer has, i'm with u, but if not, it's going to be obvious he's not we where looking for!

He may as well be a rookie with the # of games he's played, thats my point, what is it, something like 18 games since high school. he's still a pup. It's not like our line has given him a reason to be confident in the pocket.

I'm very happy with our football team. Yes, it sucks to be losing, but we are competative again. Feely is real deal, if you think about the number of games this kid has played in since high school, he hasn't even had a whole season under his belt. Do you guys really think there would not be the same growng pains with a stud number 1 pick with 4 years of college . If you consider that, this guy has less experiance than a typical rookie and has shown a tremendouse upside. We're going deep now, and scoring points. I think Jim Bates is doing an awesome job as our head coach and I would be happy to see him keep the job. He knows our players strengths and weakness's much better than Wanny did and better than any new coach coming in will. Look at the improvement we've had in the last 3 games with a lot of our core talent missing. Give this guy training camp and a few less injuries and we finish the season 10-6 or better. He has done an great job with match ups and putting our players in great positions. Look at the changes he has made to the o-line. 51 passes Sunday and only 1 sack. If we elimate a few bad plays on Sunday we beat the no.3 defense in the NFL. That would have been unheard of 4 weeks ago.We eliminate two plays on defense, we hold them to 46yds. rushing, with our two best line backers out of the game. This guy has just about turned chicken crap into chicken salad in three weeks.

Very well stated.

If we get Feely of the first quarter (of the Bills game) next year we're set. He needs to correct the rookie mistakes he's making. You know in Philly, he had 8 TD's and 6 Ints - not a bad ratio, so you know he can control those mistakes if given the proper time.

As to Bates, I agree that he's a much better coach than Dave. His work with the Oline and the younger players alone is enogh to give him a shot, which I would do with the lone exception of bringing in Nick Saban. He's the one guy I think you have to make a run at if you're Wayne Huizenga. Outside of him, give Bates a shot to prove himself in an interview and give him the upper hand in that process by virtue of what he's done as interim coach.

Unfortuneately - we will not get a true read on Feeley because we have NO RUNNING GAME. There is not one running back on our current roster that would be starting on any other team. NOT ONE.

If we had a stud RB they would have to fully defense our offense. Now they should only defense the pass. What else do Defenses have to worry about?

Even when Fiedler was here, we had Zach Thomas. Zach has been injured since Feeley took over. If Zach was in there yesterday, there would have been a good reduction in the number of completions across the middle and on running yards given up by our D.

When the D makes plays the offense doesn't have to force it.

It's unfortunate, but hopefully we will have some clarity in all this confusion, and get to see what Feeley can do next year, when he has a better rounded offense with him. Until then expect some great throws and int's.

(ALSO it was evident that Feeley's finger impeded a number of throws yesterday)

Back
Top Bottom