A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than. | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

I have never bashed him, I am just not annointing him yet. He has impressed me w/o a doubt and I have said that over and over. I'm just not calling him a top QB in this lague after 6 games.

Because you dont know eite talent when you see it.

Of course not, only dolphin fans know elite talent- like Daunte Culpepper, Chad henne, AJ feely. Elite guys get it done in big spots, I haven't seen that yet from Ryan. Let's hold off on annointing him until he does something special in this league.

serious question junc...one word answer only...you take sanchez or tannehill right now off what you know of both to date??? which one would you rather bet your future with??? again...one word one name answer only...

serious question junc...one word answer only...you take sanchez or tannehill right now off what you know of both to date??? which one would you rather bet your future with??? again...one word one name answer only...

you won't get a one word answer if u get an answer at all

It's hard to give one word answers but I will answer it. any sane football fan would take tannehill right now based on what they have done so far this year and where sanchez is at in year 4. For me it's more difficult b/c I have seen sanchez play much better, I have seen him play excellent in clutch spots but right now the talent around him isn't very good. I know the talent around Ryan isn't great either but Mark's played most of the year w/o Keller and Holmes too.

I'm not jumping off Mark's bandwagon, I am probably the only one left at this point(that isn't related to him) but I still like him and think he can be a good QB in this league.

Long story short, my head says Tannehill right now but my gut still says Sanchez.

25a4rbs-1.jpg

Of course not, only dolphin fans know elite talent- like Daunte Culpepper, Chad henne, AJ feely. Elite guys get it done in big spots, I haven't seen that yet from Ryan. Let's hold off on annointing him until he does something special in this league.

but 55 games of more suckage than not...isn't enough to close the book on your own draft over-reach, right?

It's hard to give one word answers but I will answer it. any sane football fan would take tannehill right now based on what they have done so far this year and where sanchez is at in year 4. For me it's more difficult b/c I have seen sanchez play much better, I have seen him play excellent in clutch spots but right now the talent around him isn't very good. I know the talent around Ryan isn't great either but Mark's played most of the year w/o Keller and Holmes too.

I'm not jumping off Mark's bandwagon, I am probably the only one left at this point(that isn't related to him) but I still like him and think he can be a good QB in this league.

Long story short, my head says Tannehill right now but my gut still says Sanchez.

one word answers when it comes to these two qbs are not hard...there's definitely some qbs out there that i'd have to make some tough decisions on if i'd prefer tannehll over them but mark sanchez is not among them...

the only thing tannehill has yet to really prove is play in the clutch...a game winning drive kinda thing...but he hasn't had opportunities on that one yet either...sanchez at times has been clutch there's no doubt about that but i think that's more about the he's played so inconsistent up to that point we write him off for being able to turn it around when it matters...one thing sanchez has proven is he isn't a qb that is gonna carry the team...you can't put everything on mark sanchez and expect to come out on top...he needs a running game to take pressure off...

as for the things tannehill has over sanchez already even he's got better accuracy and is a more consistent passer is a better move athlete and thrower of the ball on the hoof has better size for the position and arm strength takes care of the ball way damn better than sanchez has shown to sets up hs protections better and reads/dx's coverage presnap at the los better...and all those things are pretty evident already after 6 games even...

decision making wise it's not even close...

You must have had Tacos for dinner last night. Chase them down with a meatball sub and I guarentee your gut will be relieved and your toilet will be evidence that you should have never eaten tacos in the first place. FLUSH IT DOWN!!!!!!

one word answers when it comes to these two qbs are not hard...there's definitely some qbs out there that i'd have to make some tough decisions on if i'd prefer tannehll over them but mark sanchez is not among them...

the only thing tannehill has yet to really prove is play in the clutch...a game winning drive kinda thing...but he hasn't had opportunities on that one yet either...sanchez at times has been clutch there's no doubt about that but i think that's more about the he's played so inconsistent up to that point we write him off for being able to turn it around when it matters...one thing sanchez has proven is he isn't a qb that is gonna carry the team...you can't put everything on mark sanchez and expect to come out on top...he needs a running game to take pressure off...

as for the things tannehill has over sanchez already even he's got better accuracy and is a more consistent passer is a better move athlete and thrower of the ball on the hoof has better size for the position and arm strength takes care of the ball way damn better than sanchez has shown to sets up hs protections better and reads/dx's coverage presnap at the los better...and all those things are pretty evident already after 6 games even...

one of the biggest differences I also see is the overall pocket presence and awareness. Tannehill has a unique feel for the pocket whereas if Sanchez isn't getting good protection he gets more flustered and if his primary read is covered than that's when those wtf passes start flying

one of the biggest differences I also see is the overall pocket presence and awareness. Tannehill has a unique feel for the pocket whereas if Sanchez isn't getting good protection he gets more flustered and if his primary read is covered than that's when those wtf passes start flying

sanchez biggest problem i see as a passer is even when the reads are right he's way too inconsistent with his accuracy and placement...i mean like way way off...been that way forever...but if the run game can move guys off the ball and stay ahead of the chains he can make plays off pa when he gets the opportunity...but asking that guy to carry the o with his arm or throw 35 plus times per game with his spotty at times decision making and on and off accuracy is a recipe for disaster...jets learned that last year when they tried to make him the focal point of the offense...

tannehills decision making alone keeps you in games...i mean i said it earlier the bad decisions are like nonexistent...it's unreal really...but when you couple that great decision making with a qb that can make plays and pick up chunk yards down the field when he gets chances that's the kind of thing that wins games consistently in this league...and how guys become franchise qbs...add in those physical tools and watch out...this kids well on his way to being LEGIT...

Ryan has had numerous chances to come up big late in games and has failed, whether it was extending leads or running out the clock. I want to see that out of him(I actually don't want to see that) before I go crazy over him.

I disagree on needing a run game our run game wasn't very good in 2010 and he helped us win 11 games, we had no run game in the title game and he nearly led us back from 24-0 down.

I agree w/ most of what you wrote , to an unbiased view everyone would take Ryan at this moment but remember he has a huge advantage knowing that system. Most rookies are learning a new system when they start life in the NFL. I prefer my QBs to have that late game magic(I'd prefer if he had 4 qtr magic), I want a QB not afraid of the big moment. As bad as Sanchez was against you guys he led us on a TD drive to take the lead late then into chip shot range to win it and numerous times we have won b/c of the passing of Sanchez. He rgreesed a bit last year and has been bad at times this year but he has missed Holmes mutiple games and keller most of the year. Chaz Schilens and kerley started 2 games ago along w/ Jeff Cumberland as his TE. I don't think people are making as big of a deal about that as they should.

we got brian hartline as our #1 wr...i don't want to hear any excuses about a qb not having weapons...

as for tannehill not putting teams away late yet i'll go along with that...he hasn't closed anyone out yet...but outside of a few tipped passes that we got unlucky on he hasn't made the mistakes that beat you either...

if i was being honest about tannehill i'd say the next step he needs get over is finish someone late or a gamewinning drive for points...although one could argue that he's put us in position in a couple games and been let down by the kicker...i'd also say that i'd like to see some more consistent accuracy on some throws where he's made such proper decisions... he's missed a few things that franchise qbs bang you on...but there's nothing to suggest that won't come in time...all in all i couldn't really ask for anything more from a rookie qb thru 6 games especially with what he's been given to work with on the outside...he's way beyond his years i know that...ceiling is just scary damn good...if he ever gets to the point where he can throw with aaron rodgers like consistent placement holy hell...

from week 1 even to now i mean it's crazy how quick he's gotten up to speed and comfortable...this system asks the qb to do a ton i mean a ton and he's not only passed but passed with flying colors...

You tell him! He's probably one of those clowns that thinks Aaron Rodgers is elite and a much better QB than your man crush. You know, those fools that think Rodgers has played better by watching both QB's play, look at statistics for any of the past 5 seasons, a superbowl and a MVP. They should just sit back and trust the gut and the matty-ice glasses view of "the AUTHORITY on QB play" and someone that's "always DEAD ON".

we got brian hartline as our #1 wr...i don't want to hear any excuses about a qb not having weapons...

as for tannehill not putting teams away late yet i'll go along with that...he hasn't closed anyone out yet...but outside of a few tipped passes that we got unlucky on he hasn't made the mistakes that beat you either...

if i was being honest about tannehill i'd say the next step he needs get over is finish someone late or a gamewinning drive for points...although one could argue that he's put us in position in a couple games and been let down by the kicker...i'd also say that i'd like to see some more consistent accuracy on some throws where he's made such proper decisions... he's missed a few things that franchise qbs bang you on...but there's nothing to suggest that won't come in time...all in all i couldn't really ask for anything more from a rookie qb thru 6 games especially with what he's been given to work with on the outside...he's way beyond his years i know that...ceiling is just scary damn good...if he ever gets to the point where he can throw with aaron rodgers like consistent placement holy hell...

from week 1 even to now i mean it's crazy how quick he's gotten up to speed and comfortable...this system asks the qb to do a ton i mean a ton and he's not only passed but passed with flying colors...

You do but we came into the season w/ Holmes, Hill and Keller as our WRs and TE, we have playe dmultiple games w/ Kerley(a good slot guy), Schilens and Cumberland as that combo and you have had a good run game for the most part(except the last couple of weeks).

You can't use the K excuse when he set up his K for a 58 yarder on wet grass.

Ryan has looked good and i'd feel good if I were you guys, my only point about him is don't annoint him yet.

Ryan has had numerous chances to come up big late in games and has failed, whether it was extending leads or running out the clock. I want to see that out of him(I actually don't want to see that) before I go crazy over him.

Ryan has had numerous chances to come up big late in games and HIS TEAM failed.

Hard to find too many specific faults with what Ryan's actually done in those late game moments, it's more what's been going on around him. His decisions and throws have been solid in those situations, for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom