A little bit of hope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A little bit of hope

rhadaddy

Who's your daddy?
Reaction score
sans the possibilty of Fiedler or Wandstadt returning in any magnitude, i found this piece of information refreshing and hopeful..

SPEND ON NEW TALENT

They need to save that money, because -- yes, folks, this is just my understanding -- they will dedicate themselves to spending more for fresh talent.

This has always been a cautious organization in terms of bold fiscal forays. That clearly hasn't worked. So, under the direction of owner Wayne Huizenga and president Eddie Jones, they will depart from their own precedent.

They need to do this. They need to sign a top free agent and/or a golden draft choice at QB. They also need -- desperately -- to address offensive-line needs far too long neglected.

These blockers do their best, as Fiedler has in ``giving it everything I've got the last four years.''

Hasn't worked.

So now the Dolphins stand ready to pay good money for at least two offensive linemen and get at least one QB who can crank this offense anywhere close to the defense's level.

The Link

No I don't want Wanny back or Fiedler for that matter, because it seems like the players take advantage of wanny's easy going demeanor and Fiedler is inconsistant and injury prone, however, I seriously doubt there's a coach out there that can come in here and pull a Gruden. Though a Denny Green, Nick Saban, or Romeo Crennel seem intruiging, I doubt they would come in and do a better job than wanny in the immediate future.

What's wanny's biggest downfall??? His drafting and personell decsions in the offseason. Everyone harps on how we've regressed under wanny every year since we got here, but do you think it's because of in-game coaching or moreso lack of proper personell. Because I definelty think we were a solid left tackle, a guard, and 2nd wr from being an elite AFC team. The playcalling has been suspect, but that's more a NT fault than a wanny fault and it's probably because of the lack of faith he had in the o-line to execute the plays. I'm not the biggest fan of Norv Turner, but I definetly don't believe a good Offensive coach just losses it one year... doesn't add up.

One thing I've noticed from wanny, is he takes chances when necessary...see the Washington Game (Ricky 4th and goal), and he coaches textbook football when necessary... see the first NE game (damn mare shouldn't have missed that fg).

I for one like Herm Edwards, but he's not the best in game coach. I've seen gamble alot this year and lose.

Every year it's the same thing, we need more personell, blah blah blah, etc, etc, etc. AND I know you all are tired of it, but if there's any ray of hope, it's a good GM coming here and pulling a Redskin move, by getting WH to spend money on a Pace or a Tait, Make a run for a Couch, Brunell, Garcia, and a rookie qb, and grab a stud #2 wr.

I know we are 17 mil over the cap, but the cap has proven to be a mere obstacle, to getting the players you want, a few cuts and restructures and we can be well under the cap. And a few well designed contracts can alow us to pick up the studs our offense needs. I Dont want to hear it's not possible because we were tapped out a couple of years ago, when we tried to sign Kreutz to a 25 mil contract. So it can be done. If we restructure and extend Surtains contract alone we could probably save about 5mil towards the cap.

No I'm not a capologist, however, what Wash did with Arrington, seemed outrageous but gave them about 5mil this year and 6mil next year of cap relief. here's that link

It can be done fellas so there is light at the end of the tunell or maybe it's just the TRAIN :D

Back
Top Bottom