A Little Bit of Info | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Little Bit of Info

BlueFin said:
Its better for us if every top prospect looks good, if they look bad why would anyone else want to trade up for them?

Fact is Saban has stated he will hold pretty true to the Trade Down Chart if a deal is to be consumated, based on that it seems doubtful anyone will trade up and give up what it will take in this draft, though anything is possible I suppose.

I think Saban realizes that RB is not a good long term investment with a #2 pick. I think we will go QB, WR or we will trade down at #2.

I'm not going to disagree with the QB position, but how is a WR a better long term investment with the #2 pick than a running back? A wide receiver cannot affect the game in as many ways as a running back can. I mean, if you are going to rule out a running back just because he is a running back, then you rule out a receiver for just being a receiver.

Does it seem like everyone thinks the Niners WONT take Smith....

Why are the Niners the only ones who dont like Smith but every other QB looking team is looking at Smith....

KB21 said:
I think too many of you are caught up in this idea that just because so and so is a running back, he's not worth the number two pick. You are taking the title of a position and completely ignoring all the other aspects so and so brings to the table. In this case, so and so is Ronnie Brown. Somehow, just because he's a running back, he's not worth that pick. However, name me another player in this draft that can affect the game in as many ways as Ronnie Brown can. How many players in this draft can make an impact in the running game and in the passing game to the extent that Ronnie Brown impacts those aspects?

NONE. There are good runners in this draft, and some may be better pure runners. There isn't a runner that can impact the passing game as a receiver and a blocker the way Ronnie Brown can, and there isn't enough separation between him and the other top two backs in terms of running skills to make a difference in that aspect.

We are talking about a 6'0", 233 lbs running back that is probably a better receiver than any of the receivers in the draft. He can affect the game in much the same way Ahman Green does in Green Bay.

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT WRITE UP! :)

Back
Top Bottom