A little Buffalo support | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A little Buffalo support

Originally posted by bledsoetomoulds
Nice meeting ya, barbarian, gotta sleep. work at 2 pm
thanks for being coherent and knowledgeable
Good luck this year, maybe we'll meet in playoffs somehow
Nice meeting ya too man, gotta hit the Hay myself, leaving for vacation later and need some sleep before then.

Originally posted by stan marino
I thought the Bills did drafted a de in the 2nd round kelsay??? or something like that and he had been projected to go in the first???

Kelsay is good... but he lacks the pure speed to consistantly beat blockers in the NFL... I see him being a similar mold to O-Gun rather than JT. Good, but not the answer. Especially with a guy like Tyler Brayton still on the Board when they were picking in the first round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Barbarian

I agree... thats why I still find the McGahee pick mindboggling.. there were some solid pass-rushers still on the board...

Chris Kelsay was the next best pass rusher at 23. We still ended up taking him in the 2nd rd. Jerome McDougle was there but I have enough confidence in Tom Donahoe knows talent when he sees it.

Last edited by a moderator:
McDougle & Suggs were pretty much the only guys that could really help the Bills pass rush. Obviously they were long gone by the time we picked at #23.

As for Kelsay, he has very nice speed & acceleration. The most important thing for a speed DE is the initial burst. From the Billszone resident draft guru, Ingtar 33 (who works for an NFL team: Pick 2 (48) Chris Kelsay (DE): Nebraska, 6'4 3/8", 273lbs, 4.70 40time

Kelsay is a very polished DE, who spent much of his college career on the LE, taking on the "strong side" of the formation. He is a very good run stopper and generated Nebraska's best pass rush too. Not only is he fast (straight-line), but he is quicker than most WR or CBs in acceleration and agility drills. He plays like it too, as he often would be three steps past his OL-man before the lineman was out of his stance. He has great "twitch" (break on the snap), and is a health nut. He's a very "cut" 270, and could probably afford to put 10 or 15 pounds on without any loss of quickness. But the best thing about him is he is a tremendous "backside" pursuit guy, using all his quickness and speed to get a lot of tackles chasing guys across the field. His long arms and repertoire of pass rush moves makes him an instant threat to Jones' hold on the LE position. The few negatives I have with him is he played about 10 pounds lighter than the combine weight I have him at (although his times and agility number, which are fantastic, was recorded at that heavier weight), and tended to get too high against the run. He also needs to work on his hand fighting, which is not as good as it needs to be to play a 2-gap lineman. In the end he is a fabulous steal in the second round."

But back to the thread topic, if I had to start a football team and had to pick one Dolphin, Jason Taylor would be the guy. He's an absolute animal that every team has to account for at all times. Even though Bills fans have a radically different allegiance then Fin fans, we know a great football player when we see one.

You know what would make Buffaloes D really good?

All of Miami's players.

:D :D :D

well, you can't have a Bruce Smith all the time just like we can't have a Marino all the time.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
well, you can't have a Bruce Smith all the time just like we can't have a Marino all the time.

Ozzy rules!!

Yea, I agree, you can only have so much in the cap era, but overall your d on paper is a helluva lot better than last year..I might miss Ricky getting 200 on ya, but there's alway the chance if our passing game has improved.:lol:

Originally posted by bledsoetomoulds
I agree. We need some stud pass rusher. And if i were a jerk i'd make fun of you spelling Taylor, Tayler. But I'm not

You do need a pass rusher, and no doubt not having one will hurt you in tight games this year.

BTW- If he were a jerk he'd make fun of you not using "bledsoe" (Bledsoe) and "moulds" (Moulds) in lower case.

ya, kelsay, but I'm not sure he's what they expect(from Nebraska), but Taylor was from there too,no? So maybe he's a diamond in the very rough

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

BTW- If he were a jerk he'd make fun of you not using "bledsoe" (Bledsoe) and "moulds" (Moulds) in lower case.

Capitals, and spelling your own players' names right are far different, but like your attitude

Back
Top Bottom