A little help here please | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A little help here please

relive1972

Premium Member
Reaction score
I watched the Dolphin-Titan scrimmage yesterday, and I know many of you did also. The only TD I saw Tennessee score was the 19yd TD Eddie George had, but the Nashville Tennessean says the big play of the scrimmage was a 58yd. TD pass from Volek to Simon. Did anyone else see that play? I was watching on the Sunshine Network, I never saw the play, perhaps it happened during a commercial break?

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/02/08/20810156.shtml?Element_ID=20810156

I also read on the Herald site that Jay Fiedler was 2-for-6. Man I am PISSED!! :yell:

Yeah, they must have taped that and edited it, because in the newspaper i have it said it was supposed to last untill 7:00 pm.

If Fiedler did play, im pissed because i would have liked to see that......, do you know who caught his passes?????

Miami Herald says he went 2-for-6. And the Tennessean says that Simon guy took a flip pass 58 yards for a TD. The entire article is dedicated to that play. And they have a photo.

I think Sunshine screwed us.

Here's what I saw. When Sunshine went to commercial, the webcast stayed, though the cameras sometimes were not focusing on the field.

The Dolphins ran a couple plays on a goal line offense during one commercial. They did not score. By the time the T.V. returned Tennessee was back to running its offense.

I did notice during one of the commercials that the crowd had a really loud scream. Unfortuantely none of the broadcasters said anything and the camera was focused on the stadium and not the field at the time. It certainly could have been a touchdown by the reponse. It could have been free T-shirts?

Originally posted by Muck
Miami Herald says he went 2-for-6. And the Tennessean says that Simon guy took a flip pass 58 yards for a TD. The entire article is dedicated to that play. And they have a photo.

I think Sunshine screwed us.

Yeah, I think you're right Muck. I know there was a time discrepency also, I saw starting times listed at 3:00 according to TC schedules, and the Tennessean also said in another article that the scrimmage took place just 4 hours after the practice, which would have been 3:00. Still, Sunshine billed it as "live" coverage. Apparently they did some editing before the re-broadcast. That pizzes me off, because I'd have liked to have seen Fiedler, how he looked, and what was up with the 4 incompletions, were they bad passes, or drops, and if so, by whom? Also, who was responsible in coverage of Simon when he scored that 58yd TD? The article has a picture of him getting by Zebbie, but I don't know he was originally responsible for the coverage. Who knows what else they chose not to show us.

Well guys, lets not get all too worked up about it. It wasn't even a pre-season game, only a scrimmage. We all know that preseason means squat. So lets just keep our jets cool, pray for no injuries, and smile.

scrimage................

wow! i don't know what version of the scrimage you all got, but in washington state, on direct tv, it started right on time at 2:00 pt.

jay started and looked very rusty and out of sink.

ther was NO 58 yd score for tenessee. that little dink pass over the middle they "scored" on was dumb. we were playing touch ball to keep the injuries down and that guy, after being touched by two dolphin db's, would have been down and out. no t.d.. after that, miami said screw the touch, and proceded to completely dominate tennessee.

i think that is why zach made the comment afterward that the scrimage was ok for a touch football game, or something to that effect, clearly being annoyed that they were doing that and tennessee getting the cheap t.d. off of it.

also, the scrimage was called off early because the tempratures on the field were 120 degrees.

i am glad they made decisions in that scrim to not get players hurt. good call by both coaches.

Thanks Clayton!!

Hey Ice. It's not WHAT happened that has us mad. It's the fact that we never got to SEE IT......and no mention was made of it. GRRRRR!!!!!

Umm I hate to be the boo bird, but Clayton is mistaken. I watched the entire broacast from the Direct TV Sunshine channel. Jay Fiedler threw in some 7 on 7 drills earlier in the scrimmage, and it wasn't shown.

When coverage began on TV, the Titans started the 11 on 11 drills. Next came Miami with Ray Lucas as the starter.

Jay was never televised...it was Lucas who looked rusty at first.

Just want the info to be correct.

who was that #7....................

the scrimage police, they live inside of my head
the scrimage police, they come to me in my bed
the scrimage police, there coming to arrest me, oh no!

you know that talk is cheap, and those rumours aint nice
and if i try to write, i don't think i'll survive, the night

cuz there waitin' for me, there lookin' at me
ev-ery single night there dri-ving meeee in-sane
those men inside my brain

the scrimage police, there coming to arrest me, oh no!

you know i can't tell lies, cuz there lookin' at me
and if i start a thread, they'll come lookin' for me

cuz ther waitin' on me, there spyin' on me
ev-ery single night there dri-ving meeee in-sane
those men inside my brain

i try to post at night and they, just won't leave me alone
i write my thoughts on what i saw they won't leave me alone
i try to hide my post but they just won't leave me alone
i write reports but there the judge and jury all in one

the scrimage police [police, police]
the scrimage police

based on THE DREAM POLICE
by CHEAP TRICK

i think the article you read was talking about the morning practice. I know Jay took part in the 7-7 drill in the morning. I also thought i heard about the 50+ yard play in the morning practice. Another note from the morning practice was that Ray and Tim both looked great in the 2 min drill. They both completed 5-6 passes in the drill, and i guess the one was incomplete for Ray was a droped pass.

The Miami Dolphins site has a link to the scrimage but it locks up my computer everytime I try to download it. I watched it on the internet. When they broke for commercial the play resumed. Levick had 2 or 3 incompleted passes at the 5 yd line before throwing the td pass. Overall I think our first team D did poorly.

Back
Top Bottom