A Little Nostalgia... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Little Nostalgia...

dolfan4good

Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15
Reaction score
I went to my church's rectory to pay for a retreat my wife is attenting this weekend and met a lady by the name of Verleen Moore. After some conversation, it turns out she is the wife of former Dolphin starting left tackle Wayne Moore, who played for the undefeated team in 1972. Wayne has passed away but Verleen showed me a book that she just received. The book was a large and pretty thick account on the undefeated team, complete with full page bios on each layer on that team. Her book was signed by each player on their bio page picture. Players soemwhat forgotten like Bob Heinz, Bob Matheson, Tim Foley, Larry Ball, Marlin Briscoe and Doug Swift. As I thumbed throught the pages, she would give say a brief word or two about that player, for example, she confirmed that Jake Scott has had nothing to do with festivities honoring the team because of a dispute with Don Shula. However, he still keeps in touch with many of his teammates.

I cannot describe the joy it was to speak to this woman concerning her husband and his fabulous team. I look forward to having many more conversations with her and will pass along and tidbits of interest.

Back
Top Bottom