A Loaded 2022 WR NFL Draft Class. How the top 5 shakes out. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Loaded 2022 WR NFL Draft Class. How the top 5 shakes out.

Would love Watson at #29. People can talk about separation, competition level, whatever the knocks are I don’t care. You can count the number of human beings that big, that fast, who can jump that high on one hand and at least one of them was a first ballot hall of famer. Don’t overthink it, pick the big-ass guy with speed who can jump out the gym and figure out the rest as you go

Edit: just looked up randy moss’ pro day. Make that two first ballot hall of farmers with a similar athletic profile as Watson. If he’s there he’s gotta be the pick imo
He is a great return guy. I just don’t see polished NFL wide receiver. He is just a guy to go deep and run reverses. I don’t see the route running, second rounder on size and speed alone. Give me the Ohio St guys or Treylon Burks.

I agree that Watson is raw from a route running standpoint but I bet Wes Welker could teach him a few things there.

His explosiveness on tape for a guy his size is pretty damn rare.

Just depends on the vision for him. If you ask him to go get open on his own and expect him to absorb a lot of targets, I think you'll be disappointed with the return. If you scheme him the ball short and use him as a deep threat otherwise, he also gives you plus effort as a blocker, and he could be really valuable.

He is a great return guy. I just don’t see polished NFL wide receiver. He is just a guy to go deep and run reverses. I don’t see the route running, second rounder on size and speed alone.
People said the same thing about DK Metcalf

People said the same thing about DK Metcalf
And it was true.

Metcalf is still a very limited route runner who is not asked to do very much by Seattle in that area.

It is a testament to his athleticism and size that he has been as successful as he has.

Watson is not quite the athlete or physical specimen that Metcalf is but Metcalf was obviously underrated coming out because too much was made of his shortcoming and not enough was made of his strengths.Perhaps Watson will benefit from the mistakes made analyzing Metcalf.

I like the kid a ton and have been very impressed by his obvious burst on tape. No matter the level of competition you can't hide his explosiveness, and the fact that he tested well will surely help teams feel safe taking him early.

I could see McDaniel finding ways to get the ball in his hands in space.

And it was true.

Metcalf is still a very limited route runner who is not asked to do very much by Seattle in that area.

It is a testament to his athleticism and size that he has been as successful as he has.

Watson is not quite the athlete or physical specimen that Metcalf is but Metcalf was obviously underrated coming out because too much was made of his shortcoming and not enough was made of his strengths.Perhaps Watson will benefit from the mistakes made analyzing Metcalf.

I like the kid a ton and have been very impressed by his obvious burst on tape. No matter the level of competition you can't hide his explosiveness, and the fact that he tested well will surely help teams feel safe taking him early.

I could see McDaniel finding ways to get the ball in his hands in space.
Watson and metcalf have extremely similar physical and athletic profiles. Watson is taller with bigger hands while metcalf was bigger with longer arms. In terms of athletic profiles, metcalf ran a 4.33 vs a 4.36 and had a vert of 40 in to 38 in.

While your statement that Watson isn’t quite the athletic specimen as metcalf is technically correct, they’re close enough on the outlier end of the spectrum to where I don’t really think it fundamentally matters.

Obviously you hope the route running continues to develop but I envision a role very similar to metcalf. If he’s good for 2 field flipping big plays on deep routes/screens per game and in the process frees up space for waddle to dominate in the short-intermediate range I see that as a great use of #29

Edit: for the record, I would prefer burks or Williams but I don’t think they’ll be there

I’m not a fan of the Ohio state guys.

I’m not a fan of the Ohio state guys
You must either be a Michigan fan or never watched them.
They are the 2 best route runners in the draft.
They are coached by the best WR coach there is in Hartline.
Both ran under 4.4
Both track the deep ball better than any WR in the draft.
They also negative is Olave is a little light at 183 and Wilson is short at 5 11.

They also negative is Olave is a little light at 183 and Wilson is short at 5 11.

They both measured 6'-0" at the combine. If they measured 5-11 Id like them better at that weight, Id have them as first round. At 6-0, Im not interested in either. Id rather take Dotson, and Skyy More ahead of them even though neither produced as well in college as Olave and Garrett.

I saw this one recently and I agree with the 5 guys for the most part but i don't like us taking a WR early. There are some late rounders i really like this year. Like Tolbert from South Alabama

I saw this one recently and I agree with the 5 guys for the most part but i don't like us taking a WR early. There are some late rounders i really like this year. Like Tolbert from South Alabama

I have seen Tolbert in the late 2nd on many lists and mocks so i don't think you can call him at "late rounder"

He is a 2nd-3rd round guy for sure.

Okay. Im finished sorting through the wideouts. I only have 5 draftable wideouts.

6-3 Alec PIerce CIN
6-2 Treylon Burks ARK
6-2 Kevin Austin ND
6-0 Khalil Shakir BSU
6-0 Danny Gray SMU

Jameson Williams will have to run 4.33 or better, Metchie 4.46 to be considered. Since we dont have their 40 times, they are not listed.

Okay. Im finished sorting through the wideouts. I only have 5 draftable wideouts.

6-3 Alec PIerce CIN
6-2 Treylon Burks ARK
6-2 Kevin Austin ND
6-0 Khalil Shakir BSU
6-0 Danny Gray SMU

Jameson Williams will have to run 4.33 or better, Metchie 4.46 to be considered. Since we dont have their 40 times, they are not listed.
Good thing you are not a scout.

Back
Top Bottom