A Loaded 2022 WR NFL Draft Class. How the top 5 shakes out. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Loaded 2022 WR NFL Draft Class. How the top 5 shakes out.

Bell ran about as expected.

4.6 should keep him out of R1 but straight line speed is not super important to what he does well and his 40 time should not change how he is viewed as a prospect.

A faster time would have helped him but I don't think he hurt himself yesterday.

Not a great run or athletic numbers for David Bell but keep in mind an athletically average 4.6 guy in Cooper Kupp just caught almost 150 passes for nearly 2,000 yards in the NFL.

Keenan Allen is also about a 4.6 player when healthy.

David Bell is going to produce in the NFL, someone is now probably just going to be able to get him in that 60-75 range overall which is generally where I have him graded anyway.

My questions with Bell revolve more around the concussion he suffered against Notre Dame that caused him to miss a game or two.

I have no doubt he’s going to produce. He forces more missed tackles than anybody else despite not lighting up the combine in underwear.

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of the Ohio state guys
They both are ridiculous route runners and will each have 1000 yards as rookies IMO. I don’t see them as fits in Miami though. Burks and London would compliment Waddle very well.

I was about to ask this guy why. Because there’s not much to dislike. Ohio State is wickedly blessed with the best talent there is at the position.

Smith-Njigba might be the best of them all and he was the #3 guy at one point.

The #4 guy had to bolt to Alabama to become their #1 guy. And yet a lot of people here like Williams a lot.

Wilson, Olave and Williams are all ridiculously talented and whomever lands them will likely be happy they did.

I was about to ask this guy why. Because there’s not much to dislike. Ohio State is wickedly blessed with the best talent there is at the position.

Smith-Njigba might be the best of them all and he was the #3 guy at one point.

The #4 guy had to bolt to Alabama to become their #1 guy. And yet a lot of people here like Williams a lot.

Wilson, Olave and Williams are all ridiculously talented and whomever lands them will likely be happy they did.

I don’t like to post crazy things (anymore) but Smith-Njigba is the best college WR I’ve even seen. After this coming season, many will see why. I think he’ll win the Heisman and shatter every modern record. He might be the second offensive player drafted in 23.

I don’t like to post crazy things (anymore) but Smith-Njigba is the best college WR I’ve even seen. After this coming season, many will see why. I think he’ll win the Heisman and shatter every modern record. He might be the second offensive player drafted in 23.

He's a stud for sure. Haven't watched him with intent, but from a fly-over, he's better than any of the 2022 WR's. So is the guy from LSU.

I'm not sure I disagree. Being an avid tOSU fan, I've seen every game he's played. His Rose Bowl performance was out of this world, but it just showcased and emphasized everything he'd been flashing all season. There were even a few glimpses of it his freshman year.

As you alluded to, this upcoming 2022 season will tell all. He very well could be in line for a historic season given how much CJ Stroud has improved and now that Olave and Wilson are moving on the NFL. Although Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka look like future studs too. And who knows if Julian Fleming might rise up finally.

Like I said, loads of receiving talent.

2022 might be the most anticipated season for Buckeyes fans, in terms of offensive star power, that I can recall. CJ Stroud, TreVeyon Henderson, Jaxson Smith-Njigba and Co. should be a lot of fun to watch each week.🍿

Yeah, not ideal, but it doesn't bother me much. He wins with skill, intelligence/instincts, balance, and coordination.

I pretty much trust McDaniel to know what kind of WR he needs to make the offense go, but I think Bell would be valuable to this offense. He and London have the best contact-balance from the WR's I've watched for '22 (HM: Moore), and he's a reliable target - knows how and when to uncover, and he's strong at the catchpoint.

But, if McDaniel wants to spam D's with really fast WR's, I'd like to watch that, too.

All of that could be had by retaining Gesicki, and yes I want to spam with speedy wrs.

Bell can get open and make plays with the ball in his hands. I think he's a very different kind of player from Gesicki.

Definitely agree with you, just seeing some dots connecting with DvP on the block, Mike G wanting to be a WR, and the staff saying they're not concerned with Mike's blocking prowess.

What do you guys think about:
29. Christian Watkins, 6-4. 208. 4.36 40. 38.5 vert, 136 broad
50. Isaiah Weston, 6-4. 214. 4.42 40. 40 vert, 135 broad.

What do you guys think about:
29. Christian Watkins, 6-4. 208. 4.36 40. 38.5 vert, 136 broad
50. Isaiah Weston, 6-4. 214. 4.42 40. 40 vert, 135 broad.
Would love Watson at #29. People can talk about separation, competition level, whatever the knocks are I don’t care. You can count the number of human beings that big, that fast, who can jump that high on one hand and at least one of them was a first ballot hall of famer. Don’t overthink it, pick the big-ass guy with speed who can jump out the gym and figure out the rest as you go

Edit: just looked up randy moss’ pro day. Make that two first ballot hall of farmers with a similar athletic profile as Watson. If he’s there he’s gotta be the pick imo

Back
Top Bottom