A lovely memory | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A lovely memory

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
in honor of
Jack Del Rio being named Panther DC

Remember JJ's first year when we brought in Del Rio and all thought - cool this guy will replace Cox and let a little known rookie MLB mature a little ? A week or so later, JJ cut Del Rio (and I think he retired) and shocked everybdy because Zach Thomas was just about the best 5th round pick ever. :D

Originally posted by dolphan39
in honor of
Jack Del Rio being named Panther DC

Remember JJ's first year when we brought in Del Rio and all thought - cool this guy will replace Cox and let a little known rookie MLB mature a little ? A week or so later, JJ cut Del Rio (and I think he retired) and shocked everybdy because Zach Thomas was just about the best 5th round pick ever. :D

I remember that.. Zach played so well that Jimmy cut his best friend in Del Rio because of it. In his book, JJ said it was personally "The Toughest Decision he ever had to make"

Dolphins13fan.............

Originally posted by Dolphins13Fan

I remember that.. Zach played so well that Jimmy cut his best friend in Del Rio because of it. In his book, JJ said it was personally "The Toughest Decision he ever had to make"

I had no idea that JJ not only said that, but that they were that close of friends.:eek:

A&O 54

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

I had no idea that JJ not only said that, but that they were that close of friends.:eek:

Yeah he had a book called "Dolphin Among Sharks" or some jibberish like that. The line in quote was said in the third chapter.

Dolphins13fan............

Yeah he had a book called "Dolphin Among Sharks" or some jibberish like that. The line in quote was said in the third chapter.

I didn't like the way Jimmy handled certain situations while he was our coach. But from a coaching, evaluating talent stand point, he was first rate when it came down to those.

A&O 54

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

I didn't like the way Jimmy handled certain situations while he was our coach. But from a coaching, evaluating talent stand point, he was first rate when it came down to those.

In some cases, JJ was a GREAT talent evaluator (Thomas, Taylor) but in others he completely missed the boat (Yatil Green, Cecil Collins, JJJ, John Avery).. That comes with every coach/player evaluator though.. For every one you draft that turn in to stars, 5 or 6 are going to flop and quickly be forgotten.

As for Jimmy personally, I could go on for hours about how he handled MANY situations while coaching Miami.

Re: A&O 54

In some cases, JJ was a GREAT talent evaluator (Thomas, Taylor) but in others he completely missed the boat (Yatil Green, Cecil Collins, JJJ, John Avery).. That comes with every coach/player evaluator though.. For every one you draft that turn in to stars, 5 or 6 are going to flop and quickly be forgotten.
If you'll notice -
JJ talent evaluator on D :cool:
:monkey: JJ talent evaluator on O :eek:

Back
Top Bottom