A mock draft we can live with | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A mock draft we can live with

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
Round 1 - #8:Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma state
The Dolphins have whiffed on almost everyone they have pursued this offseason and traded star receiver Brandon Marshall to the Bears in exchange for draft picks. Blackmon can immediately replace Marshall and give the Dolphins a dangerous weapon outside. He can also serve as bait to lure a quarterback to Miami in the future. He's not a burner, more in the mold of Anquan Boldin, but he'll be a reliable target who can help a quarterback convert those tough third downs. Miami may also look to bolster their pass rush with this pick following the retirement of Jason Taylor, or opt for a tackle to bookend Jake Long.

Read more: http://sidelinescouting.com/mock/results/miami-dolphins/#ixzz1r4bHYyN8

Round 2 - #42: Brandon Weeden QB-Oklahoma State
Round 3 - #72: Cameron Johnson DE-Virginia
Round 3 - #73: Ladarius Green TE-La.-Lafayette
Round 4 - #103: Marcus Forston DT-Miami
Round 5 - #145: Markus Zusevics OT-Iowa
Round 6 - #196: Winston Guy S-Kentucky
Round 7 - #215: Rishard Matthews WR-Nevada

http://sidelinescouting.com/mock/results/miami-dolphins/

If he's there do we realy take him or do we trade out and might get a 1st next year ..............

Right. If we are sitting there with Blackmon in-hand at 8..............our phones are going to be burning up! I think we will have this very delimma (although possibly with a different player) where a top prospect is sitting, staring us in the face and we will have to make a choice. This could very well be the choice that starts a new era, or gets Ireland fired.
I want us to grab a QB with #1 or #2, but if an elite type player is sitting there for us i think we HAVE to get them. How could you pass on Blackmon?

dont know why ppl are so low on gabbert. The guy was a rookie and thrown to the wolves last year, i saw great mechanics from him, gabbert is going to surprise alot of ppl.

gabberts garbage...forston stinks as a 4th round pick and blackmon won't get to #8...

Just curious, what makes you say that? Do you see similarities in their game, or do you think Weeden just isn't that good?

Both come from a spread offense which is the easiest offense in football to operate, plus he is 29 so how many years can we really get out of him? give me tannehill who ran a pro-style offense and has waaaay more upside and is much more dynamic with his 4.58/40

Both come from a spread offense which is the easiest offense in football to operate, plus he is 29 so how many years can we really get out of him? give me tannehill who ran a pro-style offense and has waaaay more upside and is much more dynamic with his 4.58/40
I agree on Tannehill but from what I read, Weeden is a much better QB than Gabbert

Back
Top Bottom