A modest Proposal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A modest Proposal

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been kicked around, but how about creating a board for just actual news that would be separate from a board with just opinions like Fiedler Sucks, or How about we trade Travis Minor for Tom Brady and Corey Dillon.

The requirement for a new thread on the news board would be an actual source. This would allow for us to just look through the titles about coaches coming and going or players or anything new about the team without having to sort through 20 why we should trade Patrick Surtain threads.

There is nothing wrong with kicking around ideas, but a straight news board would be great.

PhinKev said:
I'm not sure if this has been kicked around, but how about creating a board for just actual news that would be separate from a board with just opinions like Fiedler Sucks, or How about we trade Travis Minor for Tom Brady and Corey Dillon.

The requirement for a new thread on the news board would be an actual source. This would allow for us to just look through the titles about coaches coming and going or players or anything new about the team without having to sort through 20 why we should trade Patrick Surtain threads.

There is nothing wrong with kicking around ideas, but a straight news board would be great.

:clap: Good idea!!!!

I love the idea!! It would be much easier to navigate through.

BTW, I love the Minor for Dillon and Brady deal, I say let's pull the trigger!

LMAO :roflmao: :roflmao:

I like the idea too but I'm afraid that you'd still have "News" posted that is actually just unsubstantiated rumor, as we do now.:up:

The front page of Finheaven actually has a news section where all the stories and columns of the local newspapers are displayed. I dont know about you but I have my browser set directly to the Dolphin forum so I usually miss whats on the front page.Maybe that section should be linked to the Dolphin forum (It already may be linked but I havent noticed which is the point)

There are quite a few of the hard news stories that escapes the Mods eyes because they originate in different cities.Thats understandable.They cant check them all.Thats why the posters should be allowed to post news items.

BTW those hard news threads usually have a very short shelf life on this forum.The Fiedler sucks threads are the ones that get more play.I have noticed that the more active threads are the ones that have the least content.

I suppose its because people prefer to write posts than read them.

IMO opinion the hypothetical threads are part of the fun of this MB.

Sounds like a great idea but would put an awful lot of work on the mods policing the thing.

PhinKev said:
How about we trade Travis Minor for Tom Brady and Corey Dillon.

I don't know if thats a fair trade....I would consider it if NE would throw in a 1st rd pick also. :D As for this thread, good Idea.

CrunchTime said:
The front page of Finheaven actually has a news section where all the stories and columns of the local newspapers are displayed. I dont know about you but I have my browser set directly to the Dolphin forum so I usually miss whats on the front page.Maybe that section should be linked to the Dolphin forum (It already may be linked but I havent noticed which is the point)

There are quite a few of the hard news stories that escapes the Mods eyes because they originate in different cities.Thats understandable.They cant check them all.Thats why the posters should be allowed to post news items.

BTW those hard news threads usually have a very short shelf life on this forum.The Fiedler sucks threads are the ones that get more play.I have noticed that the more active threads are the ones that have the least content.

I suppose its because people prefer to write posts than read them.

IMO opinion the hypothetical threads are part of the fun of this MB.
Agree, it seems pointless with the news section already posted on the mainpage.

alll you need is a NEWS section of the forum instead of just a MIAMI DOLPHINS one
and explain that, and have mods move stuff out of there if its not backed up

This is an awesome idea,it seems alot of people are always posting breaking news and unrealistic trade scenarios when most of the time the news is all speculation but not listed as such

I don't like it....because it just can't be monitored.

Plus, if I post a Manning vs. Brady vs. Feeley's rookie year thread, where does that go? It isn't an opinion, and it isn't a news article but it is news.

Back
Top Bottom