A MORAL Victory for the Patriots? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A MORAL Victory for the Patriots?

not to mention their star quarterback leaving the woman he just knocked up for another woman. that's morality right there.

not to mention their star quarterback leaving the woman he just knocked up for another woman. that's morality right there.
Or their star quarterback breaking up with his girlfriend of 3 years and becoming involved with another woman before he knew she was pregnant, and at that point deciding to stay involved in the child's life but choosing not to dump the current girlfriend with whom he had feelings for and instead going back to the old girlfriend where mutual feelings didn't exist.

criminal records....not misdemeanors
Then that drops the Pats' number if we're using that. From that NYPost photo/article: Kyle Eckel's charges were dropped. LeKevin Smith's charges were dropped (incident handled internally with the school). Donte Stallworth was a misdemeanor. Mike Vrabel was a misdemeanor. And Willie Andrews hasn't even been tried yet.

So once everyone makes up their minds on what the criteria is, maybe we can settle this.

You would think that this level of humility would have been enough for the media, but now we find them mocking the Patriots having been knocked off their pedestal by an underdog team when the Patriots had never put themselves on any pedestal — the media had done so. Headlines like "Who's laughing now?" show a shallowness to the coverage of a great sporting event. The media should at least have the fairness and decency not to attribute to the Patriots a role that was not created by them but by those who would set them up as a target of convenience to sell more newspapers.
I agreed with this part. I always felt that the Patriots were crowned the greatest team ever a little early by the media. Its not the first time it happened.

How's this for Moral Victory - stealing defensive signals via videotape since 2000 and amassing a stockpile of information. Wow. Just, wow.

Or their star quarterback breaking up with his girlfriend of 3 years and becoming involved with another woman before he knew she was pregnant, and at that point deciding to stay involved in the child's life but choosing not to dump the current girlfriend with whom he had feelings for and instead going back to the old girlfriend where mutual feelings didn't exist.
Hmm, I'm guessing either Tom Brady or Matt Leinart. :lol:

Smiling and nodding while talking up the weekly opponent, then running up the score, (in the most sportsman like manner of course), on teams they know have no chance comming back from half the point deficit they've been handed.

Then...get this...defending the ugly bully tactic with " it's their job to stop us scoring".

I suppose the school yard variety could use the same excuse after beating a smaller weaker kid to pulp..."it was his job to defend himself."

What goes around, comes around, the sun will set on the Pat's era of dominance, humiliated opponents will have long memories.

Perhaps their coaches will have more class than Belicheat when the players want to return the favor and he'll make them kneel down a couple of times, or rest the starters.

How many of you fair weather fans will be around then?

Is this a joke? Character and the Patriots should never be in the same sentence....they cheated and got caught. Hopefully the Commish will come down hard on them for other infractions that we are just finding out about.

tom brady woot.....lol.....was that not the absolute best superbowl you have ever seen? How does it actually feel to get that far.....listen to all the talkshows give them a win, have idiotic fans get license plates that say 19-0 before it ever happens, and then BAM! it is all gone. If you ask me it is a bigger choke than the Yankees in the 04 ACLS. I am living up here in patsy land and the funniest thing happened the day after the SB. I must have been in ten different stores that day and a restaurant. the Pats jerseys everyone was wearing......none to be seen, the hats, put away, the sad faces, the angryness, the denial, it was the greatest day of the year. It was like christmas for me all over again. I wore my Thomas jersey and made sure I was sickeningly nice to everyone, asking how their day was, I especially liked asking everyone if they had caught the game the night before.....oh what a wonderful day that was.

You guys are a joke sometimes. The Patriots ALWAYS give the opponent the most respect and all the credit in the world

Really? is it respectful to play dirty? Does a player respect the opposing team's QB when he tries throws an elbow at his knee? Does a player respect the Game when he takes steroids? Does a player respect an opposing team's QB when he leg whips him? Does a coach shopw respect for the rules of the league when he cheats for 8 years?

This was in response to a remark by the opposing saying they'll win 23-17, so which one is more humble and respectful? Stop nitpicking on Tom Brady.

I heard the quote myself--Brady said it in a playfully mocking way as if "so Plax is going to be out there himself stopping us on D?" While I don't normally rip on Brady as much as some others around here, it was not a smart (particularly with hindsight about where the actual score ended up--they in fact wished they'd scored 17) or particularly respectful thing to say. The media ripped Plax a new one for making his statement, but as best I could tell, Brady got the usual Pats* pass from the media for his statement, which even at the time struck me as a bit of G-Men bulletin board material.....

I heard the quote myself--Brady said it in a playfully mocking way as if "so Plax is going to be out there himself stopping us on D?" While I don't normally rip on Brady as much as some others around here, it was not a smart (particularly with hindsight about where the actual score ended up--they in fact wished they'd scored 17) or particularly respectful thing to say. The media ripped Plax a new one for making his statement, but as best I could tell, Brady got the usual Pats* pass from the media for his statement, which even at the time struck me as a bit of G-Men bulletin board material.....
you mean this quote ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2yK5C9Ae4

Back
Top Bottom