A must-draft player for Miami... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A must-draft player for Miami...

Minibull

Starter
Reaction score
He's a good player, but it's more of a selfish desire of mine to finally see this name play for the Dolphins. Sad memories for me... :boohoo:

David Overstreet
[SIZE=-1]Position: SS [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]College: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Missouri [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Projected: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Round5[/SIZE]

He's a good player, but it's more of a selfish desire of mine to finally see this name play for the Dolphins. Sad memories for me... :boohoo:

David Overstreet

To bad we don't have a fifth round pick and I wouldn't reach for him in the fourth since our fourth round pick is a high fourth round pick. If he falls to the sixth round, than that would be perfect.

David Overstreet

A lot of the young people on this website probably don't remeber David Overstreet from 1983. He would have been that RB for Shula and Marino.
He got lost in the shuffle of Marino's rookie year but he was a stud. I went to a game against the Rams that year in the OB. Watched him run a sweep to right side and he just turned the corner and blazed down the sideline for 50 yrd TD. There's no telling how many Super Bowls Danny might have won with this guy and the Marks brothers all coming into the league at the same time. Of course, there D was getting old.
For all that don't know, He fell asleep at the wheel and drove into a gas pump. you could imagine the rest. RIP

Hey Jersey thanks for the run down on Overstreet. I'm about 29 years old so i was to young to hear that name.. Wow.. that's some story..

And I didn't realize until now that this SS is actually his son who was born months before his Dad's untimely death. Wow. I don't think there's a Dolphin fan out there who won't cheer for this guy, even if he (probably) ends up on another team...

Draft him in 2nd Round

Wow, I can't believe he's Overstreet's biological son! I'm 33, but I remember his father and the tragedy well. Wouldn't it be a classy move for the organization to draft him, say, in the second round? First round is ridiculous, granted, but this kid has skill and it would show that the organization has a long-memory and takes care of its own like a family. While it may sacrifice one player (or half a player, because you can't assume that someone else would be twice as good as Overstreet), it's this type of message that builds championship teams. It connects players and fans to the franchise in a visceral way.

To bad we don't have a fifth round pick and I wouldn't reach for him in the fourth since our fourth round pick is a high fourth round pick. If he falls to the sixth round, than that would be perfect.

Wow excuse my ignorance, but I didn't realize that was his son. I vaguely remember the name. That is sad.

In a perfect world, Miami would have Don Shula go to the draft podium and select him at the start of the second day with their 4th round pick...

Wow, I can't believe he's Overstreet's biological son! I'm 33, but I remember his father and the tragedy well. Wouldn't it be a classy move for the organization to draft him, say, in the second round? First round is ridiculous, granted, but this kid has skill and it would show that the organization has a long-memory and takes care of its own like a family. While it may sacrifice one player (or half a player, because you can't assume that someone else would be twice as good as Overstreet), it's this type of message that builds championship teams. It connects players and fans to the franchise in a visceral way.

Draft him in the 2nd round? Are you serious?

just a thought........his dad wore #20 here (from I pick I looked up), it would be cool to give him that number (sorry Eddie Jackson).

David Overstreet

Wow. I really hope we draft him. Perfect pick for the 6th round.

Back
Top Bottom