A must read.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A must read....

yeah ive been thinking the same way, ESPECIALLY taking a qb who has to sit for a few years and collect all that money, so your basically tieing up millions of bucks in a backup... thats not very economical

As mentioned a great read, interesting stuff reminds me of an article pat kirwan wrote on nfl.com about how stupid it was the top rookies got paid so much when they've never taken a pro snap and can't get comparable money playing in another league

Interesting article...I hope Kansas City isn't reading it because it doesn't help Saban's cause if he's holding out for a second rounder. I couldn't agree more with their assessment of the San Diego/NYG trade from last year. That trade & the development of Brees has totally revitalized that franchise. Hopefully the Dolphins can pull of a similar deal.

After reading, Im even more convinced that Saban will trade down.

Good read. Good explanation on why teams that pick real high in the draft tend to always pick real high in the draft... Where teams that pick in the middle get better and so forth...

so does this mean that wanny was doing the right thing trading away our first rounders??

:tsk:

Finfan86 said:
so does this mean that wanny was doing the right thing trading away our first rounders??

:tsk:
:shakeno: Wanny was giving away 1st round picks, you have to trade down to get more talent.

Even though their theory applies to the league on average, there have been teams who were successful with high picks. JJ got Emmitt & Aikman with his first 2 first rounders, and the Ravens have had great success with their top picks in recent years. Overall, you improve your chances as you increase your quantity of picks, but you still have to know how to evaluate talent. A team which can do both will be successful.

Back
Top Bottom