A New Building Model? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A New Building Model?

I'd take Love over Hurts in a heartbeat. He will go later too as Hurts is the one with the buzz.

I'd take Love over Hurts in a heartbeat. He will go later too as Hurts is the one with the buzz.
I think Love just needs good coaching. I don't view him as someone who would start right away, though. Fitz is signed for one more year so maybe that isn't a big issue.

I want better than Bridgewater....otherwise should have kept Tannehill
Fair enough. I think Bridgewater was off to a good start in Minnesota before the injury. The jury is still out, somewhat, on his talent. But I question as well whether he can be a top-10 quarterback. I think he's more game manager, won't make mistakes, gives you a chance, but you need to rely on others around him.

I love this thread- it really faces a potential problem head on: QB
This draft looked so promising going into the season, and now it's taken quite a turn. No one saw Burrow coming, Tua is injured, Fromm is junk, Herbert is a ?, Eason as well...
I think we should definitely draft a QB, but I really think we should not forget about Rosen. Look at how well some QB's have done who have sat: Mahomes, Rodgers... and some who were thrown right in have struggled (Trubisky). Maybe it's a matter of coaching, not sure. Look at Goff. But I would really like to see Rosen get a shot, if the staff feels like he is capable. If they think he can handle it, then throw him in since we aren't thinking Super Bowl next year.
I also agree with The Ghost: Start taking calls with that top pick. If we don't land a QB this year, build that team up around a guy next year. Lawrence, Fields, The QBs from Cincy and Wake Forest are all possibilities, and with extra draft capital in 2021 we can maneuver around. You never know what will happen in any draft re: player availability. If we load up and keep paying forward, we will be OK. We have to nab someone this year at some point, I believe, maybe even carry 3 QBs- a starter, Rosen, and a pick- but this OK since we are starting our full on build this year.
As far as mocking, that is tough, but maybe a trade down or even two, grab Fulton CB LSU, J Wills T Ala, and a BPA toward the end.
I would avoid Biadasz or Humphries in round 1, but grab N Harris C Washington in Round 2. He is my newest OL crush.

The Dolphins don't need Bridgewater, they need to stay the course with Rosen and a QB in the first round (not herbert) Burrow, Tua, or Fromm, Eason, they will sit a year while the next should be a DE, and a Wr.

Could be. I think a lot depends on how much longer Brees is going to play. If Brees wants to play just one more season, Bridgewater would be smart to stay in New Orleans. If that's not the case, Bridgewater needs to find a new home. He might consider Miami a better option now that the coaching staff appears to be doing a good job.
Like Tom Terrific Drew will need to be pried off the field

It will be an interesting offseason as far as quarterbacks go. I could see a number of trades with possibly Rivers, Carr, Trubisky and maybe Cam Newton. Of those, I'd only be interested in Newton but I doubt he's a Flores type. Strikes me as a me first type person.
Newton has always been a hot dog, me first kinda guy; and that Super Bowl performance and antics showed just that. NO to Newton.

Newton has always been a hot dog, me first kinda guy; and that Super Bowl performance and antics showed just that. NO to Newton.
He comes across very immature at times for sure. I tend to say no as well. Guess it would depend on the price and if Miami could get him cheaply.

Honestly, I'd rather roll the dice in the draft. But there's no disputing, when healthy, that Newton has the type of talent that can carry a team. I think he may have been the best player in the NFL the year Carolina got to the super bowl. He also didn't have a lot of talent around him at the wide receiver position. That said, he hasn't really duplicated that season either.

IMO, the draft is the better way to get your pass rushers, pass protectors, QB, and No. 1 receiver, because you pay through the nose to get those guys in free agency or trade. Best allocation of resources is to target those positions in the draft and use free agency for glue guys and positions where you can get good value because of market inefficiency.

Someone missed their cornflakes this morning
I agree with lurking.

There was never anything from the organization, even before the injury, just fan speculation.

Post hip injury, reality is that it's just a very unlikely possibility, with nothing from the Dolphins to support even that.

Can somebody post a link to where it says the Miami Dolphins are going to draft Tua if they have the first over all pick. Because this narrative is getting old.
Right? I'm sure this front office had a high regard of Tua going in. But, maybe they liked a number of quarterbacks. Also, maybe it's less about the quarterback than the fans would like to believe. Maybe it was just seeing a draft full of talent and wanting to pick as high as possible. I don't think the issue was ever tanking.

I am starting to think that this staff can develop a quarterback, whether it's Herbert, Love, Hurts, who knows who.

Back
Top Bottom