A New Building Model? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A New Building Model?

My feeling is there are 19 million reasons why we don't want Cam next year. The guy is amazing when he has between his ears straight. Problem is you never know when that'll be.
Push comes to shove, I don't think he's a Flores type. Agree, can be an amazing talent at times. Now that foot injury makes him even more of a risk.

Couldn't agree more. That's my biggest argument about getting a team built before drafting a QB. You get those 4 years of low salary so why would you want to waste 2 of them surrounded by a garbage squad? We've all seen how that movie ends.
The problem with that theory, is that the better the team you have before having a legit QB on the actual roster, the worst your position will be to aquire that QB... The Fins gutted every ounce of talent they had on the roster and might still end up picking out of the top 5.

Imagine next year after adding all those top 100 rookies and signing some FAs with the cap space they have. They'll be right back where they were for the last decade, a perenial 8-8 team without a QB...

Sure you have decent QBs coming from later in the draft, but reality is, they're outliers, not something you should build a strategy around...

I've seen a few others say it, but I'm an Eason fan. Hope we get him with an appropriate pick (I'm really not sure where he is ranked). I'd enjoy us trying to build around him, but always think you should draft at least one QB every year.

I get the point of the post and it is well thought out. I just don’t see the point of sacrificing a season to draft a DT , & two olinemen with our 3 first round picks and then signing Bridgewater. While I don’t hate Bridgewater, he’ll never be elite and some team will pay him a decent amount of money.
Even with the injury, Tua is going top ten 100%. We have so many picks so why wouldn’t we roll the dice and take the guy we wanted all along? Tua will sit next year while we continue to build the roster with all the picks and cap space. We could potentially have an elite qb and a strong young core round him in 2021.

Argh, people, Bridgewater is trash. I wish people saw this.

A lot of people going to be salty when Miami drafts Hebert. They’ve been scouting that dude for 2+years. That’s who they like if I had to bet on it.
I agree. They have been setting up for this guy for a while. He probably has the best developmental upside as an NFL QB of all the crop this year.

Most of the others want to rely on straight athleticism and that will not succeed in the NFL in the long run. Burrow and Herbert are the 2 that I see in the playoffs carrying a team.

If Herbert is coachable, gets his footwork straightened out, he could be really good- who would he project as? I've seen Flacco(maybe it was this thread)
He's an odd one to watch though; after watching maybe 4 Oregon games this year, you watch him and his play doesn't jump off the screen like Burrows or Tua's do, but then you'll look at his stat line and he'll be 20 of 26, three hundred yards and 2 TDs and you'll say, whoa, how'd that happen?

Newton has always been a hot dog, me first kinda guy; and that Super Bowl performance and antics showed just that. NO to Newton.
I've never forgiven him for that Monday night performance against us where he ran up the score and played it up at our expense on TV. Major character flaw in my opinion

I've seen a few others say it, but I'm an Eason fan. Hope we get him with an appropriate pick (I'm really not sure where he is ranked). I'd enjoy us trying to build around him, but always think you should draft at least one QB every year.

The talent is there no question; however, there have been rumblings about "questionable work ethic" regarding him.

I think with all the turn over expected in our roster next year, it's a perfect time to carry 3 qbs and 1 on PS.

I get the point of the post and it is well thought out. I just don’t see the point of sacrificing a season to draft a DT , & two olinemen with our 3 first round picks and then signing Bridgewater. While I don’t hate Bridgewater, he’ll never be elite and some team will pay him a decent amount of money.
Even with the injury, Tua is going top ten 100%. We have so many picks so why wouldn’t we roll the dice and take the guy we wanted all along? Tua will sit next year while we continue to build the roster with all the picks and cap space. We could potentially have an elite qb and a strong young core round him in 2021.
I still think that's option A, but depends on his rehab. If that's not positive, Miami will need to pivot.

But, yes, I'd rather have a healthy Tua than Bridgewater.

Back
Top Bottom