A New Building Model? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A New Building Model?

Argh, people, Bridgewater is trash. I wish people saw this.
He does win consistently, though. I know in Minnesota they kind of nursed him along that first year. I also realize New Orleans is loaded.

But Bridgewater was 5-0 for the Saints, while the team is 5-3 with Brees.

If Herbert is coachable, gets his footwork straightened out, he could be really good- who would he project as? I've seen Flacco(maybe it was this thread)
He's an odd one to watch though; after watching maybe 4 Oregon games this year, you watch him and his play doesn't jump off the screen like Burrows or Tua's do, but then you'll look at his stat line and he'll be 20 of 26, three hundred yards and 2 TDs and you'll say, whoa, how'd that happen?
It's a hard comparison for me. Flacco might be the best. That came from CK in another thread.

I've never forgiven him for that Monday night performance against us where he ran up the score and played it up at our expense on TV. Major character flaw in my opinion
Love the talent, not sure on the person. Maybe Flores could get the best out of him? If Miami only had to give up a #2, or even the lowest first round pick, that could potentially be a steal.

He does win consistently, though. I know in Minnesota they kind of nursed him along that first year. I also realize New Orleans is loaded.

But Bridgewater was 5-0 for the Saints, while the team is 5-3 with Brees.

You want to win games because of your QB not because your QB is surrounded by all the talent in the world. I watched Bridgewater play in Minnesota and there is a reason they let him go. I've always watched him in New Orleans and he is not a good QB. Don't be blinded by the numbers! :)

It's just hard to say how Miami might feel about quarterbacks other than Burrow and Tua. If Tua is a medical question at the time of the draft, I could definitely see the Dolphins taking Herbert. And that could work out. I think this is a staff that will be able to develop a quarterback.

Your priorities are hopefully in line with the front office's thinking as well.
If that happens I think Herbert sits for a year behind Fitz. I still think Rosen is a wildcard in all of this however...

If that happens I think Herbert sits for a year behind Fitz. I still think Rosen is a wildcard in all of this however...
I think any QB we draft will sit, at least initially. I also think, with very few exceptions, it is the best way to go.

I could also see us keeping 3 on the roster.

I think any QB we draft will sit, at least initially. I also think, with very few exceptions, it is the best way to go.

I could also see us keeping 3 on the roster.
I agree that we should keep 3 on roster and 1 on PS. I want, we need qbs on this team. We are not going to fill all positions in one year. So this is the perfect time to use another spot in the 53.
Also I mentioned this before ;)

I agree with that. I've watched Herbert a few times and his play is pretty up and down. Lots of talent there to get excited about, though. Will he end up like Josh Allen, who is progressing with Buffalo, but may not ultimately be the answer there? Or will he be a top 10 type quarterback? I guess that's the question with a lot of quarterbacks coming out of college.

You want to win games because of your QB not because your QB is surrounded by all the talent in the world. I watched Bridgewater play in Minnesota and there is a reason they let him go. I've always watched him in New Orleans and he is not a good QB. Don't be blinded by the numbers! :)
You may be right. I'm not 100 percent sold on him as a top 10 guy, but he might be a great fit for Flores. New England wins partly because they don't make mistakes, always have a low turnover rate etc. Bridgewater fits that.

I would definitely shoot higher than Bridgewater, though, but the draft is fluid. Tua may not respond as quickly to his rehab, meaning Miami may have to pivot and make another choice. I think that would lead them most likely to Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom