A new Guru... Week 6 results!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new Guru... Week 6 results!!!

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Ok ladies an gentlemen, after one of the most intense football games I have watched in a long long while, for some reason I just couldn't wait to get this weeks results out.

in week 6 we had 27 total predictions, 6 of those were for the Broncos to win, a previous weeks Guru being one of those predictors. Thankfully Sportsguy11 was wrong this time.

The actual score as we all know was:
Miami: 24
Denver: 22
Diff: 2

This weeks winning prediction was very accurate in both actual score and point difference. So without further ado...

This weeks Guru award goes to:
:) Pink_Dove :) who's prediction was:
Miami: 24
Denver: 20
Diff: 4

Congrats to Pink Dove for joinging this seasons list of Guru's!

As a whole, everyone's predictions on this board were very accurate:
Avg Score prediction
Miami: 24.9
Denver: 18.3
Diff: 6.6

Previous Winners...
Week 5: Echo_Bravo
Week 4: Sporstguy11
Week 3: -81-McMichael

I didn't project the correct score, but i have to blow my own horn. I said at the begginning of the week the game would come down to Miami's d-line against Denvers o-line who have given up the 2nd most sacks in the conference. I also said if JT and the boys step it up the secondary will get a few gift wrapped ints. Well JT won this game. I have never seen a better performance by a DE ever. Not only did he get in the backfeild for 2 sacks and 15 knockdowns, but he owned Greise's 5 cent head. I would have to bet that Brian suffers from a recurring nightmare of #99 all week.

I would like to thank Olindo Mare for stripping from me, the title of Guru of Week 6. :lol:

The two teams here are so evenly matched it's stupifing. What many of us are forgetting here are the intangibles working in favor of Denver. They're playing at home, they're playing in the thin air, they're playing in the cold. What would have been a CLOSE Dolphins win at home shifts to a CLOSE Broncos win at Denver. Jason Elam kicks like a madman in the thin air, and in the end he'll put us away with a game winner.

Dolphins 21 (Ricky runs for a goal line score, Fiedler throws one to Gadsden, Fiedler throws one to McMichael)
Broncos 23 (Portis and Smith both score, with Elam booming 3 field goals)

I seriously hope I'm wrong about this one...

:hail: Olindo Mare

It's good to be wrong

I might add that I'm very glad that I was wrong. I'll take a dolphins win any time, than having my Dolphins record drop to 36-3 all time :D

First of all What a game!!!!! :eek:

These teams are very similar and so many people pointed to Denver because of the home field advantage and other factors...

Even though the Fins came out flat they found a way to win and i thought that would happen...hey i can proudly say that im a guru for a week:up:

Next up the Bills...:billsbite

Just would like to add that Blitz i will not leave u off the hook...
JT Overrated ??? :shakeno: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
First of all What a game!!!!! :eek:

These teams are very similar and so many people pointed to Denver because of the home field advantage and other factors...

Even though the Fins came out flat they found a way to win and i thought that would happen...hey i can proudly say that im a guru for a week:up:

Next up the Bills...:billsbite

Just would like to add that Blitz i will not leave u off the hook...
JT Overrated ??? :shakeno: :rolleyes:

Way to go Swami...uh, I mean Dove.:D

Re: It's good to be wrong

Originally posted by Sportsguy11
I might add that I'm very glad that I was wrong. I'll take a dolphins win any time, than having my Dolphins record drop to 36-3 all time :D

Suffice it to say I think all of us fin fans were glad that you were wrong.

Yes, VanDolphan, your guess was REALLY close... BUT, you didn't get either team's actual score. I judge on both, you must first have predicted one of the team's actual scores... Then of those people who qualify, the one with the closest to the actual point difference wins.

Otherwise someone could have guessed 102-100 and been the Guru because they were exactly right on the point difference.

Does that seem reasonable?

Back
Top Bottom