A new mock...is it possible?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new mock...is it possible??

MustangFinFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hey i just thought up a new mock, do u all think this draft would make sense...as in, the guys i picked would be there at that pick:

Round 1: Brady Quinn
Round 2: Anthony Gonzales...WR
Round 2: Zach Miller...TE
Round 3: Josh Beekman...C/G
Round 4: Marcus Thomas...DT
Round 6: Mike Walker WR
Round 6: Justin Medlock...im not keen on Feely.
Round 7: Leron McClain...FB
Round 7: Dan Mozes...C
Round 7: Mike Otto...LT

im not sure if Mozes or Otto, or even Mike Walker would last that long...but i could be wrong?

Hey i just thought up a new mock, do u all think this draft would make sense...as in, the guys i picked would be there at that pick:

im not sure if Mozes or Otto, or even Mike Walker would last that long...but i could be wrong?

I could live with this....I would take Satele or Datish at Center ahead of Beekman, and I would use a 6th on Sepulveda the punter...we need a punter with Donnie Jones gone, more than a FG kicker. I would not take Mozes in the 7th if we can get a C in the 3rd/4th. I do like Zach Miller, Gonzales and Quinn though.

Not bad, I like it, but as Roman said, take Satele or Datish at Center ahead of Beekman and Sepulveda over Medlock.....we need a punter.

I don't think Zach Miller will still be there for the #60 pick...also, I'd look to take a CB/returner in place of Walker...with Booker, CC, Gonzalez and Hagan our WR corp would be pretty crowded...

I think you have the right idea, but I disagree with the priority/value of some of the picks.

They should be picking 2 offensive lineman on the first day instead of a TE. I have no problem with a WR, but he has to be the right type. I'm not sure that Anthony Gonzalez is that type of player for us. We need more speed and ability to stretch the field at WR, ala a Devery Henderson type.

I don't think the fins should draft a D-lineman with character issues, either, in Thomas. We have a decent amount of interior lineman; I'd rather see a DE/OLB hybrid to backup Jason Taylor, in the David Bowens mold.

Also, to draft a kicker and a fullback would be wastes of picks, whereas they could get better secondary depth with these picks, or perhaps a tight end in the latter stages.

Anyway, just my $0.02

My (mostly:)) realistic mock for Miami:

1st Round:
#9) Brady Quinn, QB - Notre Dame

2nd Round:
#40) Arron Sears, G/T - Tennessee
#60) Jason Hill, WR - Washington State

3rd Round:
#71) Doug Free, T - Northern Illinois

4th Round:
#108) Travarous Bain, CB - Hampton

6th Round:
#181) Mike Otto, T - Purdue
#199) Jacob Ford, DE/OLB - Central Arkansas

7th Round:
#219) Joe Newton, TE - Oregon State
#225) Ahmad Bradshaw, RB - Marshall
#238) Adam Podlesh, P -Maryland

My (mostly:)) realistic mock for Miami:

1st Round:
#9) Brady Quinn, QB - Notre Dame

2nd Round:
#40) Arron Sears, G/T - Tennessee
#60) Jason Hill, WR - Washington State

3rd Round:
#71) Doug Free, T - Northern Illinois

4th Round:
#108) Travarous Bain, CB - Hampton

6th Round:
#181) Mike Otto, T - Purdue
#199) Jacob Ford, DE/OLB - Central Arkansas

7th Round:
#219) Joe Newton, TE - Oregon State
#225) Ahmad Bradshaw, RB - Marshall
#238) Adam Podlesh, P -Maryland

I wish most of this could happen but Free is ranked 67th by scout.com and this is a scarce year for LT's. He will never make it to the third round.

Both Podlesh and Sepulveda will go in at least the fifth round. These guys are good, really good. Too many teams with comp picks they don't know what to do with. I really hate what the NFL has done with comp picks.

Quinn is already a Brown.

Would love to see Sears and Hill in aqua.

Jacob Ford could be one of the steals of this years draft. Reminds me of David Bowens.

why would Fullback be a wasted pick??? we need someone to block for Ronnie...yes Schlesinger is here, but he will only last us another 2-3 years. We need someone to groom behind Cory

we need a P and a cornerback. if quinn isnt available we take brown and put john beck, he is really good, at 2b or 3/

id say Cornerback isnt a need anymore. now we have Jason Allen there...along with Daniels, Will Allen, Andre Goodman, Will Poole still in Miami? Renaldo Hill is a good cover guy...but if we drafted Laron Landry, i would love to trade Renaldo for a later round pick. 6th maybe?

switch Beekman and Miller. Walker is hard to predict. I've seen third and I've seen 7th.

oh and whoever said Quinn is already a Brown, don't be so sure. 1)They'll take Russell if Oakland takes CJ 2)They really like Peterson, and have shown very little interest in Quinn. Not saying he won't go there, but it's far from a lock

Back
Top Bottom