A new MSG coming soon!!?!.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A new MSG coming soon!!?!..........

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
James Dolan was on WFAN today. Said by 2011, 2012 or so that a new MSG will be built and ready for use. Probably be built across the street from the current MSG.

IF they can't build a new one because of something falling through with acquiring the land he said that a HUGE renovation will be done to the current MSG. And only the Knicks and Rangers will use the building during the renovations and no concerts, circus, WWE, ...etc will use the building for a year or two of the renovations.

But more than likely a NEW MSG will be built across the street. He said the city just bought the old post office, which was a huge first step since the city owns the land and can cut a deal for the arena.......and they will build it on that land.

I despise Dolan and hope he never gets a new building after what he did to the Jets chances at a new Stadium.

I like Dolan for messing up the Jets chances at a new stadium in the city; its bad enough theyre in NJ I dont want them any closer to me.

Now if he would only sell the Knicks.

That Stadium would obviously have been great for the Jets but more importantly it would have been great for NYC and he paid off Sheldon Silver and we didn't get our Stadium.

That Stadium would obviously have been great for the Jets but more importantly it would have been great for NYC and he paid off Sheldon Silver and we didn't get our Stadium.

NYC isnt the center of the universe tho...why should people in rochester or buffalo pay for the stadium in NYC?

NYC isnt the center of the universe tho...why should people in rochester or buffalo pay for the stadium in NYC?

Actually it is the Center of the Universe and they would have gotten tx dollars from the billion events held there including Super Bowl's, Final Fours, CFB Bowl Games, etc...

There's only ONE Madison Square Garden...you can build a new one but it won't be the same...too many great sporting events, concerts and other things make MSG the most famous arena in the world.

It is like Boston doing away with the Boston Square Garden where the Celtics had all those great teams.....it is not the same seeing them in a new building. It would be like doing away with Wrigley Field or Fenway Park. :(

I despise Dolan and hope he never gets a new building after what he did to the Jets chances at a new Stadium.

Anytime someone does something to screw over the Jets its fine with me! :wink:

There's only ONE Madison Square Garden...you can build a new one but it won't be the same...too many great sporting events, concerts and other things make MSG the most famous arena in the world.

It is like Boston doing away with the Boston Square Garden where the Celtics had all those great teams.....it is not the same seeing them in a new building. It would be like doing away with Wrigley Field or Fenway Park. :(

Actually the new one will be the FIFTH version.

http://www.cablevision.com/index.jhtml?pageType=msg

and it's NOTHING like the Celtics leaving Boston Garden, they won 16 titles in BG while the Knicks have won 2 at MSG. it's more like the Mets leaving Shea Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom