‘a New Player’? First Version Of Miami Dolphins’ Jerome Baker Was Pretty Good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘a New Player’? First Version Of Miami Dolphins’ Jerome Baker Was Pretty Good

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
AR-190709483.jpg

Contract: In second year of four-year rookie contract; due to earn $897,800 this season

Pro Football Focus rank: 31st of 92 (highest among Dolphins LBs)

Straight talk: Baker did well enough as a rookie that if he made the standard jump in Year 2, he’d do just fine.

But that’s not where he and the Dolphins are setting the bar.
Coach Brian Flores and defensive coordinator Patrick Graham studied the tape and saw what Dolphins fans did in 2018 — a linebacker with possibly the most potential and the best lateral quickness on the team.

“The game is a space game,” linebackers coach Rob Leonard said.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...f-miami-dolphins-jerome-baker-was-pretty-good

Was very encouraging to see him really take a nice step up in the latter half of the year. Hopefully, he can build on it. I'm excited to see him ball this year. If he can get a little bigger and maintain his speed, he'll be wrecking RB's all year. Just needs a little more bulk to him.

Baker showed he belongs but I still can’t get over that he gained 12 pounds and still only weighs 227. It’s a brave new linebacking world, I guess
Amazing isn't it? He's closer to a healthy safety in terms of size but does have nice LB instincts. I think they'll get him bulked up a bit yet.

Came in at 225 which is disappointing for poa play. Would have liked to see a 30 listing. I don’t buy that he played lb in 2018 at any sub 220 number

His POA was sub par IMO. But all of the LBs had issues between the tackles.

PFF rated Jerome Baker as the 31st rated linebacker with a 70.3 grade..

PFF rated Tremaine Edmunds as the 69th rated linebacker with a 57.4 grade..

The film Matches this grade imo..

It’s Early on but I’m happy we didn’t go there in the first round with Edmunds

Baker was fun to watch. Loved his pick 6 vs the Jets.

At times he seemed slow to get up after a tackle or collision - feel like his frame may have worn down a bit as the season went on. Anyhow, he’s a bright spot and I hope he can learn to play even faster.

I think poa play personnel wise is gonna be a major weakness for this team. Outside of maybe the lsu dt and Raekwon (whose poa play wasn’t a plus overall in 2018) and reshad Jones who may or may not still be here and I guess to an extent tj both of which are by and large at least 2nd level players we don’t have much. Especially in the front 7.

Looks like something for the opposition to really exploit with gameplan. The edges look ripe for seal blocks and wash outs

Back
Top Bottom