A Note on the Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Note on the Draft

Thanks for the info Boomer, and keep it coming. Whether you turn out to be right or not doesnt matter, I for one would like to hear what rumors are going around. Some may not appreciate it, but I think the most of us enjoy your posts.

Boomer, outside of what you hear from your sources, what are your feelings on the players from what you have seen with your own eyes? Brown, Benson, Williams, Rodgers, Smith, Edwards, Williams, Merriman, Pollack, etc.

Ghetti13 said:
Boomer, outside of what you hear from your sources, what are your feelings on the players from what you have seen with your own eyes? Brown, Benson, Williams, Rodgers, Smith, Edwards, Williams, Merriman, Pollack, etc.

I was wanting to know the same thing. I am curious to see who you (Boom), KB, ect. feel is the best player for the phins. I asked the other night, but got no responses.

See for me, I am more interested in people's opinions on how good a player is. That is how I try to determine the best players. I have 200 hours of tape from this year, and I watch all of it that I can, some more than other. (Auburn, Michigan, Utah, Cal, Georgia, etc)

I want to know what intelligent football fans think of a given player, not what the sources are leaking. Because that can in some instances be a smokescreen

Ghetti13 said:

I want 'em all!!!!

I like a lot of players. Offensively Brown and Williams at TB, Marion Barber, Shelton and Kay Jay Harris I like. At QB I like Smith, Derek Anderson, Jason Campbell, Andrew Walter if healthy. At WR, Williams I really like, Mark Clayton and Mark Bradley, Cro Thorpe, etc. TE I think if healthy Heath Miller is a stallion. On the OL, I like Kaczur, Barron, Baas, Spencer, Marcus Johnson (going to Pitt at end of R1), etc. Defensively I love Pollack and his effort, Merriman I like, both Cody's, if fit Chris Canty. At LB Lance Mitchell is going to be a hell of a player, I like Barret Ruud, Alfred Fincher, etc. In the secondary, Carlos Rogers, Miller, Marlin Jackson, Gerald Sensabaugh, COnsidine, Thomas Davis, etc. I like a lot of players and I have seen a lot of them play during their 3/4 years at University.

Boomer...most of us appreciate your info and have for a long time. Unfortunately as this sight has become more "popular" it has become infiltrated with what I will refer to as Brats, who take uneducated pot shots at whomever.

Wishing I could join the "Gold Room".

Much Appreciated,
DD

finsnchips said:
Boomer... trust me, your opinions and hearings are greatly appreciated.

I take a great interest in the draft... and am too shocked that Benson's name is being banded about. But I, unlike some people, don't have go picking arguements with yourself, KB and CK because it's not what I think or, as more often is the case, what I want to happen.

Keep the updates coming.

:yeahthat:

bfishusi said:
I was wanting to know the same thing. I am curious to see who you (Boom), KB, ect. feel is the best player for the phins. I asked the other night, but got no responses.

If you look at the big back on our roster, Gordon, he can play and he can contribute. So if you look at what we lack - a home run hitter on offense - Carnell Williams makes a lot of sense. But if you look at what Linehan's offense is really like - ball control, 2 TE's 2 WR's, then Brown suits or Mike Williams.

I would be happy with any of the 5 skill position guys, probably with Caddy, Mike Williams, Brown, Edwards, Benson in that order. But I withold the right to change my mind.

:)

Boomer said:
I want 'em all!!!!

I like a lot of players. Offensively Brown and Williams at TB, Marion Barber, Shelton and Kay Jay Harris I like. At QB I like Smith, Derek Anderson, Jason Campbell, Andrew Walter if healthy. At WR, Williams I really like, Mark Clayton and Mark Bradley, Cro Thorpe, etc. TE I think if healthy Heath Miller is a stallion. On the OL, I like Kaczur, Barron, Baas, Spencer, Marcus Johnson (going to Pitt at end of R1), etc. Defensively I love Pollack and his effort, Merriman I like, both Cody's, if fit Chris Canty. At LB Lance Mitchell is going to be a hell of a player, I like Barret Ruud, Alfred Fincher, etc. In the secondary, Carlos Rogers, Miller, Marlin Jackson, Gerald Sensabaugh, COnsidine, Thomas Davis, etc. I like a lot of players and I have seen a lot of them play during their 3/4 years at University.

Who do you think would be the best for the phins at number two?

Boomer, I agree, but what is it you like or dislike about each players playing style or abilities?

bfishusi said:
Who do you think would be the best for the phins at number two?

Nevermind, you just answered it. Thanks

Ghetti13 said:
Boomer, I agree, but what is it you like or dislike about each players playing style or abilities?

I'll post u this tomorrow - you want the whole lot? It's nearly midnight here, so if tomorrow is OK?

Boomer said:
I'll post u this tomorrow - you want the whole lot? It's nearly midnight here, so if tomorrow is OK?

Would like to see a "big board" from you too Boom, if you have time tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom