A Note on the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Note on the Draft

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
With regards to some of the things thrown around today re: the draft, the info comes some from insider websites, some from beat journos on different papers and some from just knowing where to look and who to e-mail, etc. You build up contacts of people, etc. Whatever your opinion on the top, middle or bottom of the draft, it's all just an opinion. If it's wrong, so be it. If the 49ers do draft Aaron Rodgers, so be it and good luck to them. The reason for going with Smith as the pick as that's what the whispers are. It may be wrong, it probably is. As for Miami going with Benson, it's a shock, but again, it's the gathering rumour.

You know what happens draft day and how stuff shakes out. Suffice to say that myself and KB and CK etc pass the stuff on because that's what you hear. I'm happy to keep it all up in the Gold Club upstairs, but I would imagine you'd rather hear than not.

Anyway, enjoy the draft. See you in the GC.

Boomer.

Boomer said:
With regards to some of the things thrown around today re: the draft, the info comes some from insider websites, some from beat journos on different papers and some from just knowing where to look and who to e-mail, etc. You build up contacts of people, etc. Whatever your opinion on the top, middle or bottom of the draft, it's all just an opinion. If it's wrong, so be it. If the 49ers do draft Aaron Rodgers, so be it and good luck to them. The reason for going with Smith as the pick as that's what the whispers are. It may be wrong, it probably is. As for Miami going with Benson, it's a shock, but again, it's the gathering rumour.

You know what happens draft day and how stuff shakes out. Suffice to say that myself and KB and CK etc pass the stuff on because that's what you hear. I'm happy to keep it all up in the Gold Club upstairs, but I would imagine you'd rather hear than not.

Boomer.

You sound a bit down Boom. You have inside info that Wanny is comin back?

bfishusi said:
You sound a bit down Boom

You know, i don't want to be a martyr about it, but it gets you down some occasionally and makes you wonder why you just enjoy the process like everyone else rather than trying to help people get thru it.

Boomer said:
You know, i don't want to be a martyr about it, but it gets you down some occasionally and makes you wonder why you just enjoy the process like everyone else rather than trying to help people get thru it.

Yeah, seems that some people have been pretty hard on you lately. There are many (me included) that enjoy the work of you and KB, CK, ect. Its just easier to post negative comments than to post positive ones and look like a kiss a@@. :)

Boomer said:

Boomer.

Hey man - I like your reports. May not agree with them or may wonder about them - but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the reports and info.

Boomer... trust me, your opinions and hearings are greatly appreciated.

I take a great interest in the draft... and am too shocked that Benson's name is being banded about. But I, unlike some people, don't have go picking arguements with yourself, KB and CK because it's not what I think or, as more often is the case, what I want to happen.

Keep the updates coming.

bfishusi said:
Yeah, seems that some people have been pretty hard on you lately. There are many (me included) that enjoy the work of you and KB, CK, ect. Its just easier to post negative comments than to post positive ones and look like a kiss a@@. :)

It's cool. As I always say, it would be boring if we all agreed, but there are limits. And you end up being accused of lying and stuff, it gets to the point where you think it's not worth the hassle.

But whatever, it should be a hell of a draft weekend and we look like we are lining up one of 7 players and really, in the cold light of day, you can't argue with any of the 7 improving our squad. And that has to be a good thing.

Boomer said:

I'll tell u something
:soccer:
keep it up dude

It may be that it isn't Benson at all, but when 2/3 different sources - I hate that word as it's implications leave you open for abuse - start saying the same thing, then you think there might be something to it.

Boomer, people are going to disagree with you. Thats life. I think many on this site want to discuss football issues intelligently. Obviously, there are some that would rather just call people names and come up with poorly thought out arguments, but, do you really care what they say?

All I know is that I disagreed with you too about some of the stuff you said today, but there is no reason to pout about it.

On this site, you win some and you lose some. Personally, I love when people disagree with me because it helps me re-evaluate my opinion and it makes my thought process stronger.

BrazForPhins said:
I'll tell u something
:soccer:
keep it up dude

I will Braz. Plus my soccer team just pulled off a HUGE victory. So what am I down for?

YNWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer said:
It's cool. As I always say, it would be boring if we all agreed, but there are limits. And you end up being accused of lying and stuff, it gets to the point where you think it's not worth the hassle.

But whatever, it should be a hell of a draft weekend and we look like we are lining up one of 7 players and really, in the cold light of day, you can't argue with any of the 7 improving our squad. And that has to be a good thing.

The good thing for me along those same lines is that at this point I think draft day will be a happy day for me no matter who we pick (unless we go way off the wall). A solid argument could be made for any of the top seven and a trade down would be a plus too. Should be a great day.

Ghetti13 said:
Boomer, people are going to disagree with you. Thats life. I think many on this site want to discuss football issues intelligently. Obviously, there are some that would rather just call people names and come up with poorly thought out arguments, but, do you really care what they say?

All I know is that I disagreed with you too about some of the stuff you said today, but there is no reason to pout about it.

On this site, you win some and you lose some. Personally, I love when people disagree with me because it helps me re-evaluate my opinion and it makes my thought process stronger.

Couldn't agree more mate and it isn't a pout, more an irritation. This site has a lot going for it and this isn't me, but I know a lot of the vets here are pretty p1ssed at it. But it ain't a pout. I'm the king of the putdown so bring it on

;)

Back
Top Bottom