A plea for prayers for a Dolphin fan and his son | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A plea for prayers for a Dolphin fan and his son

It’s hard I know, especially around xmas, lost my father around that time. I went through the icu thing with my father in law about a year ago. It was basically a similar situation that you describe.

I know it’s hard but try and get a little rest yourself if at all possible. Prayers to you and your family brother.

Woah that's a lot on your plate but I know the feeling. The unknown is definitely the roughest part for sure but all you can do is remain positive and hopeful ...he'll get through this!
My full family prayers for him and you.

Football means so little when real life hits.
Prayers for your dad hope he awakes!! Keep your head up bro!!
All my prayers are with u and your family
Absolutely have my prayers...went through that twice in the last 7 years on both my parents...Praying for some good news for you Rob.
Prayers said and will continue for you and your dad. Stay strong and keep the faith
Prayers and best wishes, man.
Praying for you and your family. Blessings.
Prayers for you and your family man.
You and your dad are in my prayers, Rob. I'm so sorry that you and he are having to endure this.
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Just stay strong!!! I'm proud to be a part of Dolphins Brotherhood that includes you!!!
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family, my Dolphin brother. Peace be with you.
Keep your head up buddy. There’s still hope. I sent a prayer to the Big Man upstairs for you.
Hang in there. I can tell you from personal experience in going through something like this with my mom 17 years ago that it can be a painstakingly long road. If the doctors are still hopefully, so should you be - most importantly, ask a ton of questions and stay on the medical staff - don’t assume anything. Your dad sounds like a strong person - praying that he’ll pull through.
Your prayers will be answered
OMG you got it Broc.
My prayers to your father, you and your family Rob..... I pray he makes a full recovery.
Hang in there buddy, life is precious. He sounds like a lucky man to have a son like you by his side in a time of need. Prayers for a full recovery.
Thoughts and prayers, friend. As long as the EEG is good and the doctors are optimistic, keep hope. Family illnesses are exhausting, but stay strong.
Healing prayers and positive vibes!
Prayers!!!!!!!!!
Prayers hope todays game helped lighten the load on something much more serious than football.
Prayers for your father to make a full recovery. I’m sorry you’re going through this. You’re a good man stepping up like this to also help his business.
God bless you too my brother. I will be praying for him
Prayers coming your way Bro , be strong, everything will be ok
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
Our prayers go out for you and your family.
I'm sorry to hear about your father. Hope you get better news soon. Thoughts and prayers with you
Thoughts with you at this difficult time Rob. Easier said than done but try and keep the positive vibes brother, believe you'll be both watching us draft Tua in a few months. All the best
Prayers brother
Sending a prayer your way. Hang in there.
Prayers for you. Hope it gets better
Tough. Prayers up
I’m 30 and I have the same relationship with my father and we watch the Fins every week together. I can’t begin to imagine what you’re going through. I’m very sorry. I will pray for you and him.
prayers up Fins up for ya pops
I’m a God fearing man and I’ll offer up my plea on your and his behalf. Stay strong brother.
You're in my thoughts and prayers Rob.
You have my prayers too. I hope he can recover. I know what the loss is like having lost both parents. God bless you both!!!!
Prayers, thoughts, and best wishes for your dad brother.
It’s hard I know, especially around xmas, lost my father around that time. I went through the icu thing with my father in law about a year ago. It was basically a similar situation that you describe.

I know it’s hard but try and get a little rest yourself if at all possible. Prayers to you and your family brother.
Prayers for you and your family!!!
Praying for you and your family
Keep the faith.
Continue to pray.
We got your back
Thoughts and prayers from here in the UK hope all turns out good for you and your family.

Keep the faith
Prayers coming to you and your family from Ireland brother. Hopefully some luck of the Irish will get there and help out.

wow, this was overwhelming this morning you guys have me in tears. thank you this is really, really nice.

I I just called to check on him this morning & he had no setbacks last night. Today is Day 10 and I am starting to become sluggish, feel like I might even be coming down with a throat infection (I hope not). So I'm having trouble getting going this morning, but the drs don't make their rounds til 1030am.

Thoughts and prayers, friend. As long as the EEG is good and the doctors are optimistic, keep hope. Family illnesses are exhausting, but stay strong.

The EEG has been good since they put it on and doctors are hoping to move towards extubation. He just haven't been very responsive lately but he was just switched from propofol to versadrip yesterday, so he just got on new meds. I just didn't like his color yesterday, so it had me really down. I have zero prior medical knowledge nor have I ever been in a situation remotely like this, even with extended family. So what do I know.

Going to bring some positivity, hope, and all these prayers with me over there shortly.

Thanks again, guys. I needed that this morning.

just an update to all of those who prayed for my old man... Last night, I stopped in around 630 pm and he looked completely different. Was full of color, and opened his eyes completely when I talked to him. It looked like he was going to talk, but there was a bit of a disconnect there. He certainly knew when I said "hey dad" because he fully engaged and locked eyes. By far the most responsive i've seen since the incident (today is Day 12). Nurse told me to come back in morning and give him time.

I don't want to get too excited because he was not speaking, god forbid something is wrong with him upstairs but he was super responsive and for once I have real hope we might be able to avoid that tracheotomy, or even get him home with a nice recoveryI He's off all sedatives and has no fever, so I don't see why he'd take a step back here.

Finally have some real hope this morning, thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom