A plea for prayers for a Dolphin fan and his son | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A plea for prayers for a Dolphin fan and his son

I hope it is. I am not a dr, he's not following commands yet but at least he woke up. Ugh. I guess I gotta just keep praying. Thanks, I hope its fantastic news I really hope so
Keep at it. Every situation is different. I mentioned earlier we went through something similar w my mom. It was always a step forward, half step back. But I’m convinced the combination of her will to live and our persistence / stay on the doctors and nurses (so they are on their toes) is why she’s with us today. Rob, stay strong and continue to show support as much as it might drain you.

I hope it is. I am not a dr, he's not following commands yet but at least he woke up. Ugh. I guess I gotta just keep praying. Thanks, I hope its fantastic news I really hope so
Brother I hope this is a sign of continued improvement for your dad. Prayers, thoughts, and best wishes still coming to you.

Last edited:
I know not everyone digs the personal posts, but i'm pretty desperate at this point and can use all the prayers I can get. My father and I have been watching every Dolphins game together since I was 12 years old (32 in April). Today, i'm watching the game in CCU with him. Last Friday night, he choked on his dinner out with his fiance and he has yet to wake up. He's a nasopharyngeal cancer survivor who occasionally struggles with swallowing. The Drs say his vitals look good, his EEG looks good (not brain dead), but tomorrow we are going on day 10 & I just don't see it. I barely have any strength left in me. Spent Christmas Eve, Christmas, and now the game all in CCU just praying for him to wake up. He turns 64 on the 7th.

Been here on FH a while now, the Dolphins are such a huge part of our lives, to the point where its hard to watch.

It's so surreal, never would've imagined something like this could've happened after losing my mom at 15. Hope everyone got to enjoy their families this year. Go back over and hug and kiss them again. You never know whats going to happen. Day 10 and i'm still in shock.

A few local churches held a prayer service today for him & as I said, I am really desperate at this point and will take anything I can get. I don't care if he comes home in a wheelchair, just need to hear his voice again. We've been planning draft night for months and I really need that to happen. thanks guys & god bless.

Me and mine will definitely say a prayer for your dad and family!

God bless and stay the course....

he's not responding to the level I need yet, so maybe I jumped the gun yesterday. He was super responsive but not following commands. This afternoon his dr wanted me in to discuss a tracheostomy if we have to go that route here in next couple days, which isn't good. Obviously going to do that given the uncertainty of the injury.

I got excited too quick but the lord can still bail me out here, from what I understand the trach is easily reversible through surgery if he comes to fully. We just aren't there yet I guess. thanks everyone.

Praying for a full recovery. Sorrythis has happened. Pray he pulls through and you guys are watching football next year.

Prayers coming from my family too... we're hoping for a fast recovery and for you to catch up on some sleep and sanity

I am so sorry to hear that my brother. It is inspiring to see a son so engulfed in his father. I pray that everything goes well for you and him. Stay strong and if you need to speak to someone feel free to reach out to me as I will always lend an ear. Take care and I am sending all of my positive vibes his way. Finheaven Forever

Rob,

Hang in there. Lots of people here and I am sure elsewhere are praying for you both so know we are all there for you.

Back
Top Bottom