A plea for prayers for a Dolphin fan and his son | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A plea for prayers for a Dolphin fan and his son

All the best, keep the faith in the wonderful men and women who've given their lives to medicine and making the unwell healthy again.

I can't say anything better than has been said by the wonderful posters of Finheaven already.

Much love from The Ghost.

he's not responding to the level I need yet, so maybe I jumped the gun yesterday. He was super responsive but not following commands. This afternoon his dr wanted me in to discuss a tracheostomy if we have to go that route here in next couple days, which isn't good. Obviously going to do that given the uncertainty of the injury.

I got excited too quick but the lord can still bail me out here, from what I understand the trach is easily reversible through surgery if he comes to fully. We just aren't there yet I guess. thanks everyone.
It’s a grind and it’s always forward, backward, forward. It can take such an emotional toll. Stay positive.

Prayers out to you and your father God bless.

It’s a grind and it’s always forward, backward, forward. It can take such an emotional toll. Stay positive.

I think I have reason to be hopeful here. Today is Day 14 and a team of Neurologists have yet to find any damage. Hospice was never discussed, even in the slightest. Given the fact that the brain is such a mystery and the EEG/MRI were unable to find damage, the Social Worker assigned to my father went straight into discussion of rehab facilities, not hospice. Granted, my father has been minimally responsive with the exception of what happened 48 hours ago when he opened his eyes fully and engaged with me. I was certain he was going to come around afterwards, and we'd get him on the fast track to recovery. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky.

Running his company, house, and handling his next step has been next to impossible but I am feeling hopeful bc I think I found the best facility for him. I visited today and they have very aggressive rehab, geared towards minimally responsive trach patients. Apparently there is a way to get him out of bed and in therapy twice a day despite being on a trach and in the situation he is in. Aggressive therapy is our best hope. I am obviously grateful the Lord didn't force me to go the hospice route and is giving me a shot of recovery here. I spoke with the president of the hospital and he said some of their patients are recommended hospice and end up walking out. I have been very concerned with shoving my dad in some crappy facility, kept me up half the night. However, aggressive rehab is certainly the best trajectory to a miracle recovery for him. In two weeks, all neurologists have told me is they can't find damage & that this is a waiting game. I still can't believe this is real, it all feels like a bad dream.

I have been told so many different things with very little information over two weeks, so you could imagine how skeptical I am at this point. However, I have to keep the faith here considering the only next step brought to my attention was rehab, not hospice.

Apparently there have been several patients who were recommended hospice (my father was never) who ended up walking out of this facility. I will feel much better once I get him in and they are focusing on aggressive recovery. I just pray there are no issues with insurance or anything like that over the next couple of days. Then i'll just devote however much time it takes into making sure everything is the way he left it when he finally gets home.

Thank you for all the prayers, I still have hope here of having that draft party with my dad.... so i'm very grateful

I think I have reason to be hopeful here. Today is Day 14 and a team of Neurologists have yet to find any damage. Hospice was never discussed, even in the slightest. Given the fact that the brain is such a mystery and the EEG/MRI were unable to find damage, the Social Worker assigned to my father went straight into discussion of rehab facilities, not hospice. Granted, my father has been minimally responsive with the exception of what happened 48 hours ago when he opened his eyes fully and engaged with me. I was certain he was going to come around afterwards, and we'd get him on the fast track to recovery. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky.

Running his company, house, and handling his next step has been next to impossible but I am feeling hopeful bc I think I found the best facility for him. I visited today and they have very aggressive rehab, geared towards minimally responsive trach patients. Apparently there is a way to get him out of bed and in therapy twice a day despite being on a trach and in the situation he is in. Aggressive therapy is our best hope. I am obviously grateful the Lord didn't force me to go the hospice route and is giving me a shot of recovery here. I spoke with the president of the hospital and he said some of their patients are recommended hospice and end up walking out. I have been very concerned with shoving my dad in some crappy facility, kept me up half the night. However, aggressive rehab is certainly the best trajectory to a miracle recovery for him. In two weeks, all neurologists have told me is they can't find damage & that this is a waiting game. I still can't believe this is real, it all feels like a bad dream.

I have been told so many different things with very little information over two weeks, so you could imagine how skeptical I am at this point. However, I have to keep the faith here considering the only next step brought to my attention was rehab, not hospice.

Apparently there have been several patients who were recommended hospice (my father was never) who ended up walking out of this facility. I will feel much better once I get him in and they are focusing on aggressive recovery. I just pray there are no issues with insurance or anything like that over the next couple of days. Then i'll just devote however much time it takes into making sure everything is the way he left it when he finally gets home.

Thank you for all the prayers, I still have hope here of having that draft party with my dad.... so i'm very grateful

Keep up the positive thinking Rob, I know it's tough, but there are many here hoping and praying for your dad to be the loudest at your Draft party...God bless

If the neurologists have said they have seen no damage yet then that is great news. I know there are a hundred other things to worry about but that one thing is a huge win for him. We all will keep praying for you and your dad

Back
Top Bottom