A Position By Position Talent Evaluation(Comparison the Broncos) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Position By Position Talent Evaluation(Comparison the Broncos)

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Actually I think the whole talent thing is overrated. Marion is not that good anymore and blows assignments every game, cannot tackle that well either. Madison is no more a top 5 CB. Top 10 just barely. Surtain ya he is a top 3 corner.

Knight the scheme sucks for him, he should be used like Rodney.

Seau makes plays, but gives up some as well. Greenwood is not on the field that much and is Seau's polar opposite. Thomas is Thomas, but gets owned by some RBs.

Our two DTs are good run stuffers still and get more pressure than you think. The DEs on this team are quite good. The DL is fantastic, but the secondary is overrated and the LBs are good but not great.

The offensive side of the ball the right side of the OL is consistanly mediocre. Ruddy gets pushed around the field all the time. Nails was hurt, he will be back next year. Smith was not supposed to be starting but will get much better.

At TE there is a good amount of talent. At FB Konrad has a dissapointing injury filled year. At RB Ricky is still a top RB, just did not have a good year and was not as healthy as you think. WR Chambers, Chambers, Chambers. Let's not even talk about QB.

That ain't that much talent if you look at another good team like the Broncos.

They have Plummer, Portis, underrated FB Mike Anderson, Shannon leading all TEs sharpe, solid Carswell, the best run blocking group in the league on the OL, Lelie, Smith. That's just O.

On D they have ridiculously fast underrated linebackers in Mobley, Wilson, and Gold backed by rookie Terry Pierce. They have Pryce and Berry not quite as good as our DEs but still good. At both DT spots they are solid, but not quite as good as Miami run blocking wise. I would say their secondary is not great but they get the job done. Walls is a good CB, Herndon is solid. Safeties they are about the same level as us.

They have alot more talent than Miami, because Miami's drafts have been very poor last few years.

Originally posted by Section126
They have more talent than us on offense.....defense is the opposite......

Yes, but the discrepancy between their offense and ours is far greater than our defense and theirs.....

Their actually third in the AFC in defense and we are 7th so that are argument can't be really used.

Although I do think that our scheme really sucks, you cannot question many players on the Phins D are overrated.

The disparity on offense is a little bigger....so then what is the problem with Shanahan?

Problem with Shanahan is that supposedly he was not the QB guy he was talked about to be. Well Plummer has sure as hell been great in Denver.

I disagree on Konrad. I've bashed him since the beginning but he has become an excellent blocker.

Overall, however I agree. Miami's OL deficiencies prevent them from being an elite team. Look at the Giants. Last year their OL played well and they were one of the best offenses in the league (over the 2nd half of the season). This year their OL sucked and their O was horrible (with the same skill players plus Hilliard)

Excellent job on evaluating the talent Jaj. I agree with you that MIA's talentless Offensive Unit, as a whole, is the main cause of not making and or succeeding in the postseason.

People for the most part mis-understand the talented part of this team, and they think that in today's NFL you can win games and or playoffs with only a talented defensive unit. That is where the talent is, other than Ricky on the offense.

There is so much balance in the NFL now a days that your wins and losses by just a few points can make or break a season. Its easy to see that NE' Offensive unit only scored 37 more points this season, than MIA, and look where it took them.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you "missed the mark" on just about every summation you gave. :D

Originally posted by Jaj
Walls is a good CB, Herndon is solid. Safeties they are about the same level as us.

Walls will be very good, his only problem is making a play on the ball, he's usually in great position and then completely misses the ball when he goes for it.

Herndon is a very good nickel, not a good #2.

Denver has no cover safety on the roster. There should only be one of Ferguson/Brandon/Kennedy on the field at the time, but Denver has to play two (Fergie's out for the year now too). They are complete liabilities in coverage.

Originally posted by Jaj
Problem with Shanahan is that supposedly he was not the QB guy he was talked about to be. Well Plummer has sure as hell been great in Denver.

Shanahan isn't given enough credit for his QB development. Young and Elway would have never been the QBs they became without Shanahan. Young has that Shanahan is the one person most responsible for the SF's '95 SB win. Elway developed when Shanny was the QB coach before he was the Raiders HC, and Fassel helped too. Grbac and Griese were supposed to be margainal backups at best when they were drafted. Shanahan turned them into starters. I think most of you guys would agree that Griese's physical skills are few and far between, and yet Shanahan was able to margainally successful with BG under center. Hopefully seeing what he's doing w/ Plummer, he'll get the credit he deserves.

Originally posted by Section126
The disparity on offense is a little bigger....so then what is the problem with Shanahan?

The Broncos have not been able to stay healthy since their last SB, and they've gone from one of the oldest teams to one of the younger teams in the league. If they have any starters on D over 30 next year, than those guys are FAs that are brought in after this year. If Sharpe and McCaffrey retire, there should be only two starters on O over 30.

Back
Top Bottom