A positive going into sundays game..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A positive going into sundays game.....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Prime Time Sunday Night Football!....yup, thats right, we usually do good on Sunday nights and If I stand correctly we've won like 4 in a row maybe even more.....Yes I know they say, well, we did good on Monday Nights and look what happened, but you have to remember we were going up against a heavyweight contender adn arguably one of hottest teams in the league right now, but this sunday we face the JETS....It was about time we needed a break! Now maybe we can get back on track......

P.S. Anybody know when was the last time we lost 3 in a row?

we lost 3 in a row in 1999, Jimmy and Marino's last year :(

another: Dixon will be starting at LT

if dixon starts -- it is his first game in how many weeks? no way he will be as much of an impact as he would be 100% healthy and in game shape...
this game will come down to TO again --if maimi can hold onto the ball and maintain drives they will make a game of it -- they give the ball up 5 times forget it - blow out.

stats
dolpins 5-1 road record on sunday night
76-21 - jets have outscored the phins in the second half @ the meadowlands the last three meetings

streaks/stats mean crap this weekend -- if miami wants to win they better get a better game out of the qb position plain and simple

Originally posted by WCoastFin
P.S. Anybody know when was the last time we lost 3 in a row?

Nov. 10, 2002 aginst the New York Jets

4 in a row against the Baltimore Ravens

Streaks are meant to be broken.

remember our 8 game streak against you guys? that's right a memory because nothing lasts forever - parity reigns supreme in the nfl

Another stat of note
Since 1992, the Dolphins have struggled when they’ve had to travel in a short week, posting a 4-10 record in road games following a Monday-night appearance

Originally posted by 85inthehall
Another stat of note
Since 1992, the Dolphins have struggled when they’ve had to travel in a short week, posting a 4-10 record in road games following a Monday-night appearance

Will they allow us to forfeit? After that stat I just don't think it is worth it to go and take a chance of someone getting hurt. Please note the sarcasm (although not the mean nasty kind 85) Whoever posted the turnover issue is probably right. These other stats don't mean a thing. 8 in a row didn't stop us from winning just like 2 in a row won't stop us from winning. Oh, another stat of worthless proportions. We scored 10x the points the Jets did in or last meeting. (See what I meam)

Hows this for a stat:

Jets 3-5

1 for 3 at home this year.

Great, now we are dealing with stats that have to deal with these teams and not the teams from the Marino era. Please, lets keep it in this decade.

85 is right. it will come down to TO and QB play. Very interesting.
I am not sure I understand the comment that if we don't turn it over and the QB plays well we make" a game of it" If we do that we win by as much as we did in September. If we are only partialy successful then it is a close game. If we repeat the last two games than we lose very similar to Buffalo. Within striking distance but shooting ourselves in the foot. I have not seen a Jet team that makes me feel like they can blow us out. Sorry, our defense is too good.

This will be a great game. This is what it is all about. I love rivalries and I think it is about time for the Media and the NFL to place this one right up there with the Packers and Bears, Cowboys and Redskins, etc. It is one of the most passionate events every year in football and has made for some of the greatest games in NFL history.

before, i even start my rant, i would like to say, nice sight, i wish the jets had one like this. if you can believe this, i actualy feel bad for youre dolphins. im youre typical life long jet fan, who hates miami, i spent year after year, watching marino destroy the jets like he was playing against children. i always waited for a time when the jets could turn the tables, and they finally did, 8 wins a row, it was beautiful. but that was then, and this is now, now that marino is done, and doing a great job on inside the nfl, and he can no longer, dismantle the jets, and the jets are done whipping up on the dolphns, for the past four years, all thats left is this season, and the future. the rivalry will never be the same, so when i step away from any immaturuty, and look at the dolphins like i do any other team, i truly feel bad. the dolphins, remind me alot of my knicks(ewing era) always the second best team, that everything goes wrong for. everytime, all pieces come together the unexpected happens(fiedlers injury) after the dolphins destroyed the jets, in a marino worthy preformance, i thought the dolphins were for real, and are going to have a god chance to make it to the super bowl. with fiedler the dolphins are the best team in the afc east, and arguably the best team in football. but ofcourse something went wrong. now Lucas steps in. and he is going to single handley destroy the team, which he is already doing, and after he puts in another miserable preformance sunday, and the dolphoins loss there 3 in a row, maybe then it will be clear to you, how devastating fiedlers injury was, he cant afford to miss one more game, forget about 3 more after this week, by the time hes healthy the dolphins, (who should be super bowl bound), will prob be 5-6 or 5-7 if fiedler is out for 4 more weeks. now as a jet fan, i have credibility in making this call, cause the jets ended up in a similiar situation when testerverde got hurt in 99. Ray lucas every year he was a jet, was said to be the "quartback of the future", he can run, he can throw, hes smart, and some people even when as far as to say, before the 99 season, that maybe he was bettter than testeverde. and all may be true, but thers one problem with lucas, he is always an unprepared player, hes the worst back up in the nfl. the jets finished 8 and 8 that year, and lucas did play real well, after about 10 games. but the problem is, it took him 10 games to figure out whats goin on. he even admitted after the season, that it took him a while to get the whole playbook down. how sick is that, and now im watching the whole thing over for the dolphins. you have a team, with all pros everywhere u look, a winning attitue, solid coaches, and a good gameplan. but one problem. a quarterback who cant manage the team. how lost does lucas look on the field? hes been a dolphin for 2 years correct? he should now the playbook, understand what he likes, and what makes the offense run at its best, instead he looks as if, everytime, he takes a snap, hes just some guy that they grabbed out of the stands, and said here, go play. LUcas does have talant, but hes incredibly lazy, does no howmework, and takes to long to understand, what he should now, at the end of traing camp. hes prob goona cost you the season, and be relased by the dolphons after the season, just like he was after his tebacle with the jets. thers never an excuse for a veteran to look lost on the field, especially not youre number 2 quarteback, and this is the second time, hes taking a team, primed for great things, andf flushing it away, cause hes unprepared. good luck, for any referance to thie garbage im talking, just look up anything on the 99 jets, and see who was on the team, it was almost identical team to the one a year earlier, that had lost the afc champonship game in den, one last note, and until week 8 tom tupa(punter) had more td passes than ray ltupa 3 lucas 1 but ray had 9 interceptions by that point. im still mad at him for blowing that year, cant you tell. well, anyway great sight goodluck, and if fiedlers come back in time, youre still the best team in the afc east. patriots are a joke, bills are ok, and the jets, lol, ther back to thers 80s fom, so dont worry about them. except for this week, and thats only cause lucas is playing, had fiedler been out there, i would have been afraid to watch, caust the fins would have been 7 and 1, and looking to roll the jets again for another 50 points.

Chris083223:
I think your points were very good. Lucas is not the answer and if he doesn't deliver on some of the poetential, we are doomed. As a Fin fan all we can do is hope each week will be the week he shows up. But you never know. Just like you guys don't know of the Jets who show up will be the Jets who bitch slapped the Chargers, or the ones who were routed by Miami and New England.

Should be good.

ps
Dude, no offense, but before you hit the "post" button, go back and read what you have written. It is so chopped up with typing mistakes and spelling errors, that it is very difficult to read. That's a shame because you make some good points that deserve to be clearly heard. You can still go back and edit them.

PSS
If you want a realy good Jet site, go to this link:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/

Many of the Jet fans you see here are from there. I went there back in September to jump in the fray, but liked the guys there and the board so much I have stuck around. Good Jet and good football talk. Tell them Fin-atic sent you!!

Originally posted by 85inthehall
[Bstreaks/stats mean crap this weekend -- if miami wants to win they better get a better game out of the qb position plain and simple [/B]
What i meant by the make a game out of it part was this..
Lucas isn't 100%, williams isn't picking up the same yardage because you qb isn't scaring defenses thus you have less time of posession, your D will spend more time on the field, gadsen wasn't great but he is better than carter, and lucas isn't getting the ball to mcmichael as well as fiedler did. So if you don't turn it over you don't have the same type of offense you had in September and the Jets D has been improved since that meeting.
If you play a clean game you have a chance but it will not be a blowout by the phins -- with pennington playing clean ball control offense we are a strong team. Also if the Phins can't move the ball they have to punt to Moss - very dangerous avg 20 yrds per return. Could be a very short field for the Jets all day.

Let me get this straight. The Jets have a good chance to blow us out, but the 'Fins have NO chance of blowing you out. If we play clean, mistake free ball, we have a CHANCE of beating you? Am I the only one that finds that assessment annoying? Seriously, If we play mistake free ball, we will PROBABLY beat you, and most everyone knows it. The problem is playing that way with Lucas at the helm......

Amen. I think we play mistake free football, we cause Pennington to make mistakes. Our D will be fired up for this one. They want to prove skeptics wrong this week. All we need is for Lucas to NOT GIVE IT UP, move slowly down the field, and keep the friggin ball. If we can manage that, we'll be fine. If we have 2 or more turnovers, forget it. With Fiedler we can overcome that, not Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom