A possible way to get a top tier quarterback and runningback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A possible way to get a top tier quarterback and runningback

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
One of the Dolphins draft options are to get a running back or a quarterback in the 1st round. I say why not both?

Take a look at this scenario:

1st Round - Trade #15 Overall - Acquire 1st Round Pick (20-24 Overall) and late 2nd Round Pick
Draft Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas w/ 1st Round Pick (Backup Quarterback/Possible Starter)
2nd Round - Trade 2nd Round Pick plus 3rd Round Pick to move up into early 2nd Round
Draft Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois w/ 2nd Round Pick (Power Runningback)
4th - Trade 4th Round Pick and 6th Round Pick to move up into early 4th Round
Draft John Moffitt OG Wisconsin with 4th Round Pick (OL Depth/Possible Starter)
5th - Draft Denarius Moore WR Tennessee with 5th Round Pick (Speed Receiver/Kick Returner)
7th - Draft Nathan Enderle QB Vanderbuilt with 7th Round Pick (3rd String Quarterback)
7th - Draft Mario Fannin RB Auburn (Change of Pace Runningback)
UDFA - If he goes undrafted pickup Noel Devine RB West Virginia (3rd Runningback Option/Kick Returner)

What do you think?

Would take a lot of finagling and good fortune, wouldn't be apposed to it.

Mallett and LeShoure would make me happy. But I'd rather add a player with our 3rd and take someone else with the 2nd if we had to trade up.

Enderle went to Idaho.

But that would take a lot of wheeling and dealing but if that all it took to get Mallet AND Leshoure I don't care what the rest of the draft would look like honestly.

Would rather have Daniel Thomas and he would probably cost less but any scenario that involves getting Mallet and one of the top 5 RBs in this draft works for me.

Would take a lot of wheeling and dealing but I'm all for it since I am a Mallet guy all the way.

You just dont pass on Mallet at 15 "hoping" he will be there later on.

Would feel pretty stupid if you did he tore up the league for the next 15 years.

Stop pus*yfooting around on a magical prancing pixie horse

SHERA-1.jpg

if we trade down and get mallett and a 2nd rounder, we wont be trading up IMO. We will have our guys lined up and i see us trading with teams to get our guy whether it be moving up or down as the draft moves along.

The value is not high enough dropping from 15 to 20 for them to give up a second..we would have to throw in another later pick probably.

Back
Top Bottom