A pre draft look at PJ Losman!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A pre draft look at PJ Losman!!!

All I have to say is that we have lots of bias right here.

I do not know how you think that Favre is overrated, please just take a lap

Who knows how JP will do until we see him in action, I live about 10 minutes away from the Bills training camp and I plan on checkin it out again this year to see whats in store for the Dolphins, but who really knows what is going to happen. It will be an interesting season.

Hummer23 said:
If he's the next Favre he will suck because Favre is the most overated piece of trash QB ever. Favre makes me want to :barf:

What?!?!?!

I guess everone is entitled to there own opinion, But good luck debating that statment.

Those are reports from what two years ago? They hold no bearing now. Reports from teammates and coaches have been nothing but praise after the OTAs. He has gained the trust of his teammates so this ****y little kid label that has been put on him is I dunno. If teammates and coaches have faith in him you can print, talk, write about whatever you want.

Comparing Losman to Bledsoe? I wont even bother with an argument.

During the combine or the prodays not sure which one it was Losman out-performed Manning that has been written in a few articles so that is not just a bills opinion ( which I know all you phin fans love.)

Anyways the truth is no one knows anything yet and labeling a bust or being great is so premature right now, but I guess there is nothing else to talk about right now right?

He will have two preseason (preseason and a 1/2 with injury I guess) two training camps, being able to watch a full season from the sidelines, and a whole offseason to prepare. What will this translate into? I dont know, but I would like to think he is going to be more prepared than most rookie Qbs stepping into the spotlight.

He is being put into a good situation with a great D and some solid weapons on O. Hopefully he will succeed and bring us back to AFC East glory, but not even us the almighty bills fans can know for sure. :)

feelthepain said:
Seems to me he has quite a few problems to overcome and sounds an awful lot like the recently departed D.Bledsoe. I was thrilled to see the jilly's waste two first rd picks on this possible head case. Lets hope for the jill's sake he takes three years to develop. It will be fun listening to them try to explain why their wonderboy can't get the job done in fubalo.

OK, for the last time we didn't use two first round picks on Losman. we used 1 first round pick.

2004 1sts
Dallas- none
Buffalo- Evans, Losman

2005 1sts
Dallas - deMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears
Buffalo- none

You see how that works, we used our original pick on Evans and our 05 pick (one pick) on Losman.

Now you say he sounds an awful lot like Bledsoe...?...Thats says to me you have no clue what you're talking about. Besides both throwing far, they couldn't be more different in size speed and agility.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Well, Mularkey got Kordella Stewart to the probowl while leading the Steelers to the #1 offense.

I think he can do ok with Losman.

That is my whole point with Losman being efficient this year, and turning out to be a very good QB for the Bills. I am definately not a homer, so I do realize that Losman is a very talented Qb, and he is more talented IMO than Stewart and Maddox, so I believe the Bills will be a better team with him rather than Bledsoe. The thing I would really like about Losman if I were a Bills fan is that he's been in Buffalo all offseason, I do not know if Feeley was in Miami, but this guys has been working with Mularkey and the QB coach, all offseason. I know i'm supposed to hate Losman and say he's gonna be a bum, but damn, I wish that Losman were taken, rather than a 2nd on Feeley, and 1st and 4th on Carey who might not even start. Just because of age, I don't really know why any Phin fan would rather have an unproven 28 yr old QB in AJ, than a 2nd year Losman. The only thing that I could say that I would question me is that Vincent a very respected player and a player rep, took him out on a cheap shot, so maybe he's not the best teammate, but I wish I heard about Feeley calling team meetings, and being in Miami all offseason.

I think it wasnt a cheap shot as much a lesson. A hard lesson to learn none the less. Losman was taking defenders head on instead of going down or running out of bounce (which franchise Qb's need to do) I think Vincent went to make a harder tackle and it blew up in his face. Either way that was the past and this is now. ;)

djfresh47 said:
That is my whole point with Losman being efficient this year, and turning out to be a very good QB for the Bills. I am definately not a homer, so I do realize that Losman is a very talented Qb, and he is more talented IMO than Stewart and Maddox, so I believe the Bills will be a better team with him rather than Bledsoe. The thing I would really like about Losman if I were a Bills fan is that he's been in Buffalo all offseason, I do not know if Feeley was in Miami, but this guys has been working with Mularkey and the QB coach, all offseason. I know i'm supposed to hate Losman and say he's gonna be a bum, but damn, I wish that Losman were taken, rather than a 2nd on Feeley, and 1st and 4th on Carey who might not even start. Just because of age, I don't really know why any Phin fan would rather have an unproven 28 yr old QB in AJ, than a 2nd year Losman. The only thing that I could say that I would question me is that Vincent a very respected player and a player rep, took him out on a cheap shot, so maybe he's not the best teammate, but I wish I heard about Feeley calling team meetings, and being in Miami all offseason.

Its ok if you dont hate Losman.

Hell, I wish we had McMicheal or Jason Taylor.

Losman7 said:
OK, for the last time we didn't use two first round picks on Losman. we used 1 first round pick.

2004 1sts
Dallas- none
Buffalo- Evans, Losman

2005 1sts
Dallas - deMarcus Ware, Marcus Spears
Buffalo- none

You see how that works, we used our original pick on Evans and our 05 pick (one pick) on Losman.

You did only give up one 1st rounder to get Losman but also a 3rd and 5th in the 2004 draft to get upto #23. That was a pretty high price at the time considering what the Giants gave up to draft Eli Manning. (1st and 5th)

BillsCA said:
I think it wasnt a cheap shot as much a lesson. A hard lesson to learn none the less. Losman was taking defenders head on instead of going down or running out of bounce (which franchise Qb's need to do) I think Vincent went to make a harder tackle and it blew up in his face. Either way that was the past and this is now. ;)

Yeah it was definately a cheap shot, it was during a non-contact drill, if I am correct, and most of the Buffalo radio hosts would agree, I don't remember anything Paul Hamilton said about it, but it was a cheap shot.

GreenMonster said:
You did only give up one 1st rounder to get Losman but also a 3rd and 5th in the 2004 draft to get upto #23. That was a pretty high price at the time considering what the Giants gave up to draft Eli Manning. (1st and 5th)

The Giants gave up 2 1sts (remember they had to trade rivers too), the 3, a 3rd, and a 5th

One of the firsts was Rivers, the other was the following year

Losman7 said:
The Giants gave up 2 1sts (remember they had to trade rivers too), the 3, a 3rd, and a 5th

One of the firsts was Rivers, the other was the following year

No they gave up the #1 pick for #4 pick, a 2005 1st and 5th.

I'd take Losman over Feeley without thinking twice.

We may not know what Losman will turn out to be. But showed a heckuva lot more than Feeley did in college. And he's got a lot more tools at his disposal than Feeley. Basically the ceiling is much higher.

One interesting note: Losman was essentially drafted only 12 spots higher than Feeley in the 2005 draft.

Question for the board: Would you have rather chosen Losman 22nd overall or Feeley 34th overall this past June??

Also, the Giants gave up more than a 1st and a 5th to get Eli.

The deal was actually

Manning

for

Rivers, 2004 3rd, 2005 1st and 5th.

Muck said:
The deal was actually

Manning

for

Rivers, 2004 3rd, 2005 1st and 5th.

You are right I kept getting things mixed up in what I was writing. Feeley's college stats were really good in the starts that he did make.

22 games, 8 GS, 2,175 yards, 15td, 6ints...

He didn't have a great body of work (Losman only had 25 GS) but he did put up great #'s when he played, which is all you can ask. He got a midseason nomination for the Davey O'brien award.

Muck said:
Question for the board: Would you have rather chosen Losman 22nd overall or Feeley 34th overall this past June??

Personally i dont think this is a fair question. We didnt expect to be using the 34 thats for sure. We were hoping (not expecting but thot we had a legit chance) for tht to be the very last pick in the 2nd round.

Ethir way tho i think id have to go Losman. If it was Feeley in say the 4th i mite go tht route.

Back
Top Bottom