A pre draft look at PJ Losman!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A pre draft look at PJ Losman!!!

Trying to be unbiased here, JP could be problem for us down the line but not this year. The way our defense has treated rookie quarterbacks over the years, appending the new formations and zone coverage I doubt he will have a chance unless the line, Moulds and Reed really step up. Losman is tough as nails and has a pretty good arm on him... But he is a rookie quarterback, and rookie quarterbacks have trouble. No one can see the future, least of all me, but Losman definatly fits the profile of a Bret Favre; it is going to take time though

Jimi said:
Personally i dont think this is a fair question. We didnt expect to be using the 34 thats for sure. We were hoping (not expecting but thot we had a legit chance) for tht to be the very last pick in the 2nd round.

Ethir way tho i think id have to go Losman. If it was Feeley in say the 4th i mite go tht route.

Its unbelievable at the blind homerism that goes on with some of the posters on this board.

PassRush said:
I doubt he will have a chance unless the line, Moulds and Reed really step up.

I dont know if you have been living under a rock or this is a mistype but Reed will be lucky to see the field this year. With Evans and hopefully Parrish above him.

Alright, please, JP is not a rookie. Also, Feelthepain, why do you keep calling him PJ?

I think that there is no room for Losman bashing at this point. Everything said about this kid post draft has been exceptional. He's been making all the right moves and is actually spending the time to refine all aspects of his game. He is the team leader. He made this clear by being the one to work the hardest during the offseason. He called team meetings to show the team how much he appreciates the opportunity that he has. He's a good kid, and I believe he will play very well next year, and for years to come. Let's wait and see.

Wagon Circler said:
Alright, please, JP is not a rookie. Also, Feelthepain, why do you keep calling him PJ?

I think it is SUPPOSED to be an insult. :rolleyes:

Losman7 said:
The Giants gave up 2 1sts (remember they had to trade rivers too), the 3, a 3rd, and a 5th

One of the firsts was Rivers, the other was the following year
it might be easier to say what a team "USED", insted of "gave up".

the giants used a 1st rounder (to get rivers), and a 1st rounder in the 2005 draft, and a 3rd rounder, and a 5th rounder.

the bills used a 2nd rounder in the 2004 draft, and a 1st rounder in the 2005 draft, and a 5th rounder.

Bills used:
1st (2005) (#20 overall)
2nd (2004) (#43 overall)
5th (2004) (#144 overall.. i think )

Giants used:
1st (2004) (#4 overall)
1st (2005) (#12 overall)
3rd (2004) (# 67 overall)
5th (2005) (# 144 overall)

the giants used 2 top 12 (4 & 12) picks to get a QB.
the bills used 2 picks (22 & 43) picks to get a QB.

the bills also got another player (WR) in the first round (13th overall) in 2004.
while the giants only got a QB.

the 2 trades where not as similar as they seem.

feelthepain said:
I'm not sure I agree with you on that. Losman came away from the group of four QB's as the ugly chick no one wanted at the party when a pimple faced Jilly team stood up and and said "I'll take her"!!!
You didn't even realize that you just described Marino in his draft year :lol:

feelthepain said:
Seems to me he has quite a few problems to overcome and sounds an awful lot like the recently departed D.Bledsoe. I was thrilled to see the jilly's waste two first rd picks on this possible head case. Lets hope for the jill's sake he takes three years to develop. It will be fun listening to them try to explain why their wonderboy can't get the job done in fubalo.

He attempts to smack JP but when his fellow finfans disagrees with him.....

feelthepain said:
Now see this is what I like to see from a football site. As much as I dislike PJ and IMO don't think he will make the transition to the pros. It's good to see fin fans can be honest and objective about a division rival. Good strong convictions from knowledgable fans. We have I'm sure more fans that likw and dislike PJ, but this thrad goes to show you why this is such a repected site educated football fans!!! I'm glad to be a part of this site. Still sticking it to the Jillys every once in a while isn't bad either.

He runs away faster than Forrest Gump :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Nice self smack FTP :up:

Hummer23 said:
If he's the next Favre he will suck because Favre is the most overated piece of trash QB ever. Favre makes me want to :barf:

WoOw:sleep:

Losman was rated behind the other three QBs taken in the first round of the 04 draft for several very good reasons. His Tulane squad had one OK receiver and a decent running back. Otherwise they were terrible. Inadequacies on the offensive line made it impossible to consider anything like a conventional NFL offence. Losman played excusively shotgun, and had to run around on virtually every pass play. The consequence of that is that he developed something of a case of happy feet. Coming out of college he had no idea what a pocket was except on paper. The other thre QBs all played in pro style, highly productive offences with strong support around them. Losman is unproven in that respect and there is no guarantee he'll be able to unlearn the bad habits picked up during his Tulane nightmare. On the other hand he has as much or more upside than any of the other three because of his athleticism. He has the strongest arm, the quickest release (the alleged hitch in his delivery not withstanding), and the most speed and agility on foot. I make no claims about what he will or won't do in the pros, but I think it will be fun and interesting to find out.

I htink JP will be a great Quarterback right out of the gates! Hell he has Sam Wyche coaching him..Montanna, Boomer, and now JP! Between him and MaGahee they will rip apart not only us but alot of teams..i bet they get a wild card..the AFC east will send two team mark my words! Pats and Bills!

Back
Top Bottom