A pre draft look at PJ Losman!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A pre draft look at PJ Losman!!!

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Well how bout we spend a little time discussing the talent level of a division rival, this is from a Finheaven article pre draft 2004 talks of PJ's ability's, or lack there of ....Enjoy:

Let the debate begin Part II. Described as arrogant, egotistical and not as good as his own hype, Jonathan “J.P†Losman, a UCLA transfer, isn’t the bad guy that the media has him portrayed to be. Far from it. He’s ****sure. But to most head coaches, that’s not a huge problem . Give me someone who’s ****y over someone with the baggage of a Terrell Owens. And, with JP’s upside, you’d be hard pushed not to want to brag every now and again. A cannon for an arm and super tough, he is a boom or bust type that might be 3 seasons away from starting. But with the right nurturing, he could be special.

Athletic and possessing great leadership qualities, J.P has had back to back strong seasons with the Green Wave and is a strong contender to go late in Round 1, not unlike the man who he sat behind in New Orleans, Patrick Ramsey. Losman makes all the throws, stepping into his passes well, displaying good footwork and ball carriage. He does have a small crank in his delivery which slows the motion slightly and bears watching. There is also concern about his tendency to put too much on passes at times and his tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the pocket. At the next level, Losman will give up costly picks and needless sacks if he doesn’t correct this. He also needs to do a better job with seeing the field and reading the defense. Too often he tries to get by with his athletic ability. In the NFL that simply won’t work. But as I said, with the right tutor, he could develop into something a little special

Seems to me he has quite a few problems to overcome and sounds an awful lot like the recently departed D.Bledsoe. I was thrilled to see the jilly's waste two first rd picks on this possible head case. Lets hope for the jill's sake he takes three years to develop. It will be fun listening to them try to explain why their wonderboy can't get the job done in fubalo.

As a Phin fan, I hate the idea that the Bills got Jp Losman. Little can be taken from preseason but Losman was good last preseason before he got the cheap shot from Vincent. I do know Losman has been in Buffalo all offseason, and that he himself has called team meetings, and I believe he will be a team leader for the Bills. He is thought of as "****y" but I like that in a QB, the only thing I don't like about Losman is that the Phins did not take him instead of Carey.

djfresh47 said:
As a Phin fan, I hate the idea that the Bills got Jp Losman. Little can be taken from preseason but Losman was good last preseason before he got the cheap shot from Vincent. I do know Losman has been in Buffalo all offseason, and that he himself has called team meetings, and I believe he will be a team leader for the Bills. He is thought of as "****y" but I like that in a QB, the only thing I don't like about Losman is that the Phins did not take him instead of Carey.

I'm not sure I agree with you on that. Losman came away from the group of four QB's as the ugly chick no one wanted at the party when a pimple faced Jilly team stood up and and said "I'll take her"!!!

I think Losman could be a thorn in our side for years, considering the kid's upside and physical ability. However, upside and ability mean nothing if you don't make right decisions. It'll be interesting to see how he develops, this might give one of the best rivalries in football another spark.

I actually worked for the Bills last year as a equipment intern and Losman is not as ****y or arrogant as people percieve him.

feelthepain said:
I'm not sure I agree with you on that. Losman came away from the group of four QB's as the ugly chick no one wanted at the party when a pimple faced Jilly team stood up and and said "I'll take her"!!!

Eli was the number 1 QB, regardless because of the last name. The reason teams did not like Losman was because his team was not very good. Based on pure physical ability, and that's what we've basically got on Feeley right now, Losman blows him away. Rivers had a very good SR bowl, Ben would've been ranked above him anyway, but Jp Losman would never of been taken ahead of those 3, not because he's a bad QB, but because those other 3 were so highly thought of.

Well I'm just glad that little blip means nothing

Why?

Because 15 years ago a strong armed ****y QB who threw to many picks and took to many sacks coming out of college was drafted and his name was Brett Farve. If you find some of Farves college scouting reports they say pretty much the same thing.

Am I saying he will be the next Farve? No

Nobody is going to know what this kid is going to do untill he steps out on the football field and starts playing, simple as that

Now see this is what I like to see from a football site. As much as I dislike PJ and IMO don't think he will make the transition to the pros. It's good to see fin fans can be honest and objective about a division rival. Good strong convictions from knowledgable fans. We have I'm sure more fans that likw and dislike PJ, but this thrad goes to show you why this is such a repected site educated football fans!!! I'm glad to be a part of this site. Still sticking it to the Jillys every once in a while isn't bad either.

So far JP isnt any better than AJ(IMO!). cant we just go back to dan and jim? please?

T.K.O. said:
Well I'm just glad that little blip means nothing

Why?

Because 15 years ago a strong armed ****y QB who threw to many picks and took to many sacks coming out of college was drafted and his name was Brett Farve. If you find some of Farves college scouting reports they say pretty much the same thing.

Am I saying he will be the next Farve? No

Nobody is going to know what this kid is going to do untill he steps out on the football field and starts playing, simple as that

If he's the next Favre he will suck because Favre is the most overated piece of trash QB ever. Favre makes me want to :barf:

Well, Mularkey got Kordella Stewart to the probowl while leading the Steelers to the #1 offense.

I think he can do ok with Losman.

Hummer23 said:
If he's the next Favre he will suck because Favre is the most overated piece of trash QB ever. Favre makes me want to :barf:

:shakeno: You can't be serious.

Back
Top Bottom