A question about being "ignored" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question about being "ignored"

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
:cooldude:

Yet another perceived gray area has cropped up over the "annoyance" part of the TOS...

I was given points for responding to someone who supposedly has me on ignore, yet seems to creep into every one of the threads i create... There was no personal attack, just accountability responded to his political point..

then, i got this:

Warning for annoyance. You are on this members ignore list, do not talk about him or to him.

Now this is excellent... you can put someone on ignore, you can enter that person's talking point thread over and over again and indirectly respond with your outrageous opinion, and you can never be talked back to... Am I missing something here, or does this not seem grossly inconsistent?...

I can't even respond to a guy who's supposedly has me on ignore, yet is outwardly spewing an opinion I vehemently disagree with in a topic I initiated for discussion... If he's going to ignore a person, shouldn't he also ignore that person's thread? If not, shouldn't I be allowed to counter for public consumption?

I mean, if I go ahead and put every annoying conservative in the PoFo on ignore, would I then have carte blanche to enter their threads and expect them to never hold me accountable for my own opinion, just because they're not allowed to talk to me or about me? Please... I chose to enter their thread, I should be open to accountability, at LEAST...

What if i didn't even know this guy had me on ignore? Am i still not allowed to respond to his posts in a thread? Wow...

Depends on what you said...if it was provocative, then you probably earned the warning...if it wasn't, then it needs to be evaluated by an Admin.

I don't know anything about the incident, but that's my opinion.

NaboCane said:
Depends on what you said......if it was provocative, then you probably earned the warning...if it wasn't, then it needs to be evaluated by an Admin.

I don't know anything about the incident, but that's my opinion.
ding ding ding ding....and extraneous and personal.....

I think maybe there was a misunderstanding here between the way PC may have taken the above text by the mod/admin and the way it was intended.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but there is ordinarily no way to know that someone has you on ignore (short of them making that claim). Therefore, it cannot be annoyance to make an otherwise non-annoying statement in response to somebody who has you on ignore. The points weren't for responding to somebody who had PC on ignore -- they were for the content of his post (as was indicated by MW above).

It seems to me that the part about the user having PC on ignore was just something informative the mod/admin added for PC's general information. It didn't really have to do with the points earned.

inFINSible said:
ding ding ding ding....and extraneous and personal.....

tell me what was extraneous or personal about my retort to his political point in that particular thread... there was none of either... i did mention his posts were nonsensical... perhaps that now warrants points...

Your exact words were: "you are on this person's ignore list: do not talk to or about him"... Again, I'll re-iterate something that has yet to be covered: He can apparently retort to my political talking points, but because he has me on ignore, I can not respond in the public view?

Like i said: I guess I can go ahead and put all my opponents in the PoFo on ignore, then enter their threads, oppose their debate, and they can never respond with their routine venom without me being able to appeal to a moderator that they be punished. How excellent.

Is anything said to ohall about avoiding my threads of discussion in the first place if he wants to ignore me? How can you "ignore" someone you seem to be constantly hovering around anyway?

PressCoverage said:
tell me what was extraneous or personal about my retort to his political point in that particular thread... there was none of either... i did mention his posts were nonsensical... perhaps that now warrants points...

Your exact words were: "you are on this person's ignore list: do not talk to or about him"... Again, I'll re-iterate something that has yet to be covered: He can apparently retort to my political talking points, but because he has me on ignore, I can not respond in the public view?

Like i said: I guess I can go ahead and put all my opponents in the PoFo on ignore, then enter their threads, oppose their debate, and they can never respond with their routine venom without me being able to appeal to a moderator that they be punished. How excellent.

Is anything said to ohall about avoiding my threads of discussion in the first place if he wants to ignore me? How can you "ignore" someone you seem to be constantly hovering around anyway?

Like has already been pointed out, it wasn't the fact that you responded to him at all, it was what you said that got you warned.

Back
Top Bottom