A question about the Jets QB issues. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question about the Jets QB issues.

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted but if I were the Jets, I would give up a high draft pick to the Titans for Billy Volek. Here's why:

1. This team had SB aspirations before the season and they have a win now mentality. The OL is getting older, Curtis is getting older and I don't know who's going to be left on this team next year if they have a bad season.

2. Billy knows the system and has played w/ McCareins so there isn't going to have to be that big of a learning curve like there will be w/ Bollinger or Testaverde.

3. They need a QB for the future since there's a good chance that Chad's career can be over.

I know many of you seeing that I'm a Dolphin fan will think this is an AJ Feeley type trade but I think Volek has a bright future and he can get the job done. As a Dolphin fan, I'm hoping the Jets lose every game except vs. Buffalo and the Patriots but it's just something I thought about. What do you guys think?

OutsideObserver said:
Volek was an issue, but the Jets would not give up Vilma and A 1st rounder....

Is that what the Titans wanted for him? Because I was just suggesting the 1st rounder.

McNair is a sneeze away from an injury, they will not trade Volek. The only way I could see this happening is after the season, and then only if the Titians have the first pick in the draft! (Lienhart)

Why would a team give up their backup QB when they just saw another team lose their starter and backup in one game?

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Why would a team give up their backup QB when they just saw another team lose their starter and backup in one game?

BZ

I'll answer your question with another question. If another team wanted a healthy Jay Fiedler and was willing to give you a 1st round pick for him would you do it?

phinfan2003 said:
I'll answer your question with another question. If another team wanted a healthy Jay Fiedler and was willing to give you a 1st round pick for him would you do it?

Yes. We have Bollywood and Vinny!

:)

BZ

Back
Top Bottom