A question about the will you accept Ricky Williams if he comes back poll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question about the will you accept Ricky Williams if he comes back poll

Omaha_Dolfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What are the people who are voting NO gonna do? Are you going to boycott the season? Boo when he runs in for a TD? I am confused?

Omaha_Dolfan said:
What are the people who are voting NO gonna do? Are you going to boycott the season? Boo when he runs in for a TD? I am confused?

Good question. People are pissed at him. We all are or were. But when he bust off that first 60 yard TD, attitudes toward him will change.

Omaha_Dolfan said:

They'll "Boo" when he loses yards, gains no yards, or 1-3 yards, and drops a pass...

They'll cheer when he scores a TD...

People forget quickly when your winning.

I will be cheering for him to return to our team. He could be one heck of an addition if he wants to be. I think there was alot more to his leaving than the whole pot thing, alot of it was IMO the coaching staffs use of him and the fact he wanted to get paid. He took the wrong way about things but i think he will come back with more fire than ever.

SCall13 said:
Good question. People are pissed at him. We all are or were. But when he bust off that first 60 yard TD, attitudes toward him will change.

NO they won't.

MikeO said:
NO they won't.

So then what are you going to do if he busts a run for 60 yards and a TD? I am not trying to start anything here ... I really am curious.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
So then what are you going to do if he busts a run for 60 yards and a TD? I am not trying to start anything here ... I really am curious.

No, it's his job. Same way Yankee fans look at Giambi. Hit a home run, good. You better cause you screwed us over and are getting paid a boat load of money.

Same with Ricky. Break a long run for a TD. Doesn't mean we have to jump up and down about it and get all giddy. What Ricky did was UNFORGIVABLE! If he plays its obviously just a job and he better do his job after what he did to this franchise. Doesn't mean we have to smile and act like a 13 year old who just saw his first set of boobies and get giddy about it. If he is on this team (which I hope he isn't) and he plays, then do your job! Doesn't mean fans have to cheer him. He doesnt care about the fans or the team, doesn't mean the fans or team should care about him. Just do what you get paid to do and keep it a professional relationship.

MikeO said:
No, it's his job. Same way Yankee fans look at Giambi. Hit a home run, good. You better cause you screwed us over and are getting paid a boat load of money.

Same with Ricky. Break a long run for a TD. Doesn't mean we have to jump up and down about it and get all giddy. What Ricky did was UNFORGIVABLE! If he plays its obviously just a job and he better do his job after what he did to this franchise. Doesn't mean we have to smile and act like a 13 year old who just saw his first set of boobies and get giddy about it. If he is on this team (which I hope he isn't) and he plays, then do your job! Doesn't mean fans have to cheer him. He doesnt care about the fans or the team, doesn't mean the fans or team should care about him. Just do what you get paid to do and keep it a professional relationship.

Dont want to ever play you in poker. Doesnt matter to me who does it but a 70YD TD run by a Fin usually makes me look like that 13 year old kid.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Dont want to ever play you in poker. Doesnt matter to me who does it but a 70YD TD run by a Fin usually makes me look like that 13 year old kid.

If a scumbag is doing the running, Im not getting all excited. Ricky is a joke of a human being. An embarrassment to the city of Miami, the NFL, and the franchise of the Dolphins. Cheering for him on any level is like cheering for Michael Jackson to throw a pajama party for his 13 year old friends if he wins his trial.

Everyone deserves a second chance. I think he was WAY ARONG for doind what he did, but I'd give him another chance. It would be interesting to see what he and Ronnie Brown would be doing. Ronnie deserves to start but maybe Saban knows our QBs suck so we plan on running the ball 45 times a game??

chambers84 said:
Everyone deserves a second chance. I think he was WAY ARONG for doind what he did, but I'd give him another chance. It would be interesting to see what he and Ronnie Brown would be doing. Ronnie deserves to start but maybe Saban knows our QBs suck so we plan on running the ball 45 times a game??

He had a second chance. When he sent his agent and lawyers to the NFL offices last year and they cut him a deal to serve his 4 game suspension at the END of last season when he wasn't playing anyway. Therefore he could return at the start of 2005 if he wanted. HE REFUSED!!! So why waste everyone's time and send your people to the NFL Offices if you didn't plan on returning??????

Ricky is on his 3rd, 4th, 5th chance. I stopped counting at this point

I've been on the fence and off on both sides this off-season. Sometimes I feel that Ricky would be a great return addition, but then I think of Ronnie and how the whole situation could get ugly.

Right now -- I'll accept him but I won't be happy if he doesn't add value to the organization.

I assume that others would feel as I have felt -- That they are fans of the Miami Dolphins. This team is their passion, their pride. They may not like Ricky but it's like the Uncle in your family that everybody talks about behind his back. When he comes to thanksgiving, you learn to deal with it and you move on. Sure, you may still talk behind his back but you don't skip him when you're passing the gravy -- because he's family.

HysterikiLL said:
I assume that others would feel as I have felt -- That they are fans of the Miami Dolphins. This team is their passion, their pride. They may not like Ricky but it's like the Uncle in your family that everybody talks about behind his back. When he comes to thanksgiving, you learn to deal with it and you move on. Sure, you may still talk behind his back but you don't skip him when you're passing the gravy -- because he's family.

People like Ricky are why some animals eat their own young!

That's familly! :lol:

Those that dont like Ricky will still cheer when he scores. Thing is they wont be cheering for Ricky, they will be cheering for the Miami Dolphins.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Those that dont like Ricky will still cheer when he scores. Thing is they wont be cheering for Ricky, they will be cheering for the Miami Dolphins.

Hear, hear.

Back
Top Bottom