A Question For You All | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Question For You All

Aside from my father being a Packers fan his entire life I have no personal affiliation with the team so there’s no need for me to hate them at all.

Personally have no feelings either way on GB. Honestly though being hated by other teams is a sign of your success, apathy is not.

No hate for GB here, Rogers is an exciting player to watch...not much more to say really.

I had some bad experiences at Hard Rock with some Packer Fans. The one we won, a GB fan threw a cup of water at me, and it hit my wife. She did not tell me for obvious reasons . The other game we lost, and I was a bit of a •••hole. Other than that I do respect GB and Rogers, a classy organization. I am fairly confident that GB wins Sunday.

I'm old enough to remember the Lombardi era...well the final couple of seasons beginning with the Ice Bowl. I loved the smart run oriented style of play so Green Bay was my favorite team for a while, mostly because the young expansion Dolphins were floundering and there didn't seem to be any reason it would change.

I like to provide historical anecdotes from that era, since so much has changed. There was a 75 mile blackout nationally. That applied even for the Super Bowl. For Super Bowl II played in Miami, it was blacked out locally so my dad drove the family to the Ft Pierce area to watch Green Bay vs. Oakland. Many people in that era were doing the same thing so a local bowling alley set up a Super Bowl viewing party. We watched the game while sitting along these long tables that almost looked like bowling lanes themselves.

I was thrilled that Green Bay won, but mostly I was intrigued by the huge Packer and Raider fire-breathing floats that were prominent at halftime. I'm sure many fans have seen clips of that. Weird, and never copied.

It was big discussion the next week in elementary school, far beyond the game itself.

More recently I'm either way on the Packer. Protecting undefeated is always the priority so I was scared of Rodgers in his absolute prime. You guys made one deep run but were denied by Kansas City very late in the season. I joined a Chiefs forum to rejoice. They told me to buzz off. They hated any notion that they helped the Miami Dolphins of four decades earlier.

The only time I really disliked the Packers was when they won that Super Bowl over Pittsburgh with something like 10 or 11 rushing attempts. I knew what would happen: The remainder of the league would brainstorm that they could throw the ball almost every time, even if their quarterback didn't resemble Aaron Rodgers in the slightest.

I warned about that when we hired Joe Philbin and it mostly played out that way.

Okay, what makes a really old dolphins fan hate another team?

1) They don't respect our legacy. Don Shula had the highest winning percentage, Marino was special, and we are the only undefeated team. Doesn't matter that we have been relevant for a long time. Give a team it's due for accomplishing things that no other team has.

2) They cheat. We don't like teams that win by being "unsportsmanlike like". Play the game with class and without unfair advantage. To do so makes those teams look like less then "men".

3) The fans are rude and crude. Don't be throwing batteries and beating up visitors. Don't act like if you can talk faster, louder, or threaten us with cousin Vinnie and his ice pick, that makes you superior. Of course if that fails you call us morons. That reeks of a lack of class and IQ. I got news for northerners, die hard southerners can't stand pretentiousness.

So where does that stack up with GB?

1) I'm pretty sure any Packer's fan cherishes their team's history. So we are in agreement there.

2) Never known you guys to cheat. So we agree there as well.

3) Never been to a football game in Wisconsin (only to buy a chiller). I thought you guys were a little cool towards outsiders but certainly weren't hostile. So I have no indication you make a habit of trying to injure players, beat up fans, or talk a bunch of trash. All indications are you guys are way above that type of behavior. So we also agree there.

So in short, we LOVE YOU. You are much the same as us at the core. At WORST we envy you because you have been relevant lately (and in doing so we freely admit envy as a sin). We also LOVE that you are owned by the public as that is unique and speaks to the love of your community for it's team. You guys ROCK and I mean this with all sincerity and from my heart.

I've followed your team for quite some time and
was so disappointed when we couldn't/didn't
get Eliot Wolf to run our operations.

I'd still like to get him here

We lived in Athens, Georgia at the time and my Dad took me to my first football game for my 7th birthday.

It was Green Bay at Atlanta and Green Bay walloped them, 38-7.

Kinda always liked them and I think Aaron Rodgers deserves a better coach than what he has in McCarthy.

Having said that, I hope Miami wins but I would take GB minus the points.

Oh, and **** the Jets :cheers:

Do you guys dislike us as much as your divisional foes or AFC rivals? It seems to me a lot of folks down that way hate GB. Maybe it's more Tampa fans. Just curious? Compared to Most NFL teams I love you guys. I can't wait for Tommy Boy to retire.
Could care less about GB, not in AFC.

I think you see the hatred from Tampa due to being in the NFC.

Maybe it's a "Bay" thing.
And they used to be in the same division for a long time. That’s got to be it, no?

One of my best friends growing up is a Pack fan. Since we were in opposite conferences we had nothing but a mild rooting interest for each other’s teams. I like the Pack and all the organization stands for. And now I’m going to make everyone but the old timers on here say WTF - the best QB in Pack history is not Rodgers. And it wasn’t Favre. It was Bart Starr - when you only lose 1 playoff game in your career it means you won a LOT of championships. He was the Bob Griese before Bob Griese just as Bob was Montana before Montana and Montana before Brady. All were the same “type” of QB - smart and a step ahead of everyone. Could manage games and win championships even if they didn’t run like deer or throw the prettiest spirals all the time. Bart Starr all the way.

As for this Sunday, I’m hoping we don’t hit / sack Rodgers on 3 straight plays, with you out of time outs, clock ticking down, one more play and game over we win - and call time out for you in order to “Kodak”. **** you, Joe Philbin.

I dont know anyone who is a Packers fan. There just isnt enough of them around here to annoy me and cause me to hate them.

I think your uniforms are great. I love the weather and enjoy my time in Wisconsin. I don’t dislike the Packers ,I just think they are a horrible organization held together with a HOF QB.

Back
Top Bottom