A question to the older fin fans? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A question to the older fin fans?

Just look at how the athlete has evolved from then to now......the athletes today are bigger, stronger and faster. If you plucked the 100 best players from the 60's and 70's.......I'd bet only about half would even wind up starters in todays NFl.....and MAYBE 5-10 could still be Pro-Bowl type players.

Now, if these same players grew up in the same enviorment as today's NFL players did.....then I would think that they would still be greats.....because they'd have had the lifetime of training to make them equal physically.....and still have that something special that made them great in the first place.

If Bob Griese was a QB in todays game he would probably be the second smallest QB in the league...next to Doug Flutie.

cnc66 said:
good question, I think that in most matchups today's athlete's would crush the older guy's. Not in heart or desire, but in strength and speed.
:yeahthat:

I agree with burger. It is un fair to compare across eras. Athletes of today specialize at such an early age. The weight training, specialized diets and supplements were not available even 15 years ago. If these differences were eliminated I believe that a good player is a good player. Most high level athletes have a drive that the rest of us cannot fathom. The flip side of this argument is I also believe that the players of today stripped of the weight training et al would still be elite.

Back
Top Bottom