A Rb ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Rb ?

I will concede. I think I was just annoyed that this weekend was so boring for Dolphans, to add to that, i was pissed because Dave won't even consider signing Carter(still hopeing Wayne overrules him in the pursuit of ticket sales), i just needed to rant about something. One other thing not that i am defending my opinon, but the facts, Rogers and Metcalf were both on Mel Kiper's big board right after the bowl games.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dajesus
I also have to ask 1 question, how in the hell was Mcmichael #3 on the Dolphins board at TE? Funny that he was like the 10th TE selected and 3 guys went in the 1st round. I am really beginning to wonder about our scouting team, and Rick's evaluations.

Hey Chris Chambers was the 10th WR selected in the draft last year, Zach Thomas was a late round pick, Oronde Gadsden wasn't even drafted(I DON'T THINK).....Look at who McMichael played for............Georgia, who the hell was their QB??? I think we will be fine with Randy McMichael. The were only 2 TEs I liked better in the whole draft crop, graham and shockey.

Originally posted by Dajesus
"I also have to ask 1 question, how in the hell was Mcmichael #3 on the Dolphins board at TE? Funny that he was like the 10th TE selected and 3 guys went in the 1st round. I am really beginning to wonder about our scouting team, and Rick's evaluations."

Now, does anyone ever expect to EVER hear a coach or personnel guy say:
"Well, we really did not like this kid, but, all the decent players were already picked, so we took this bum. He really has no shot at playing in the NFL, but, we had to pick someone"

They have to pump up their picks to some extent.
If they didn't, their fans would lose all faith in them.
They may say one thing, but, a lot of times, it is what they do NOT say, that is more telling.
Why else do you think that on the team's home sites, that they will always list the draftee's college highlights and strengths, but never will they mention his weaknesses?
There are some things that are just not for public consumption.
If we learned one thing from JJ, it was not to beleive everything you hear from coaches.
They have a certain agenda, or message that they want to send by their comments.

Scot I can honestly believe they did have him as the #3 tight end on their boards. When he came in for a visit the phins weren't exactly good at hiding their enthusiasm for him.

True, plus you know Stevens wasnt on the board at all. Do you really think Jolley, Shobel, Baker, or Peele are that much better, if at all?? I had him ranked 4th, but Stevens was number 3. The fact that we got him in round 4 is amazing. I'd rather have him in round 4 than Jolley in rd 2, Schobel or Baker in round 3 and definately would take him over Peele in round 4. He was a steal!!!! GREAT VALUE PICK!

One possibility concerning the rb (Henry is his name, right?):
Maybe if Edwards has a really good camp and a couple of good exhibitions, they can trade him for a quality OL or LB.

Back
Top Bottom