A real problem with this team - "accepting mediocrity" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A real problem with this team - "accepting mediocrity"

RonBrown

Practice Squad
Reaction score
“It’s not like we’re getting our butt kicked every week,” Burnett said.

"It really (ticked) me off," backup defensive tackle Tony McDaniel said, according to The Palm Beach Post. "It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful.

There are too many players on this roster that just don't get it... They seem to be okay with mediocrity or they don't understand certain situations that make good teams good and bad teams bad.

There are a lot of other examples, such as Sean Smith getting excited after an overthrown ball when he has been getting toasted all game etc.

Also, the touch back today is just another example of something good teams just don't do.

Until we get rid of this mentality and the players that continually wait for the whistles to blow for the end of the game, we will continually lose the majority of these 'close' games. We don't have the talent on this team to make mistakes, yet we continue to play people who aren't accountable for their mistakes.

That being said I believe Joe Philbin will get this team on the right track and I hope to see a big change this off-season. I believe Joe knows what has to be done in this department as he already unloaded Marshall/ Vontae, then released Chad. I think with a full season around the team we should expect more changes too. Anyone else have any thoughts on this or is it just me?

It's spread to the fans too. I don't know how many times I've heard people defend the position we are in for the last 15 years straight. " We're rebuilding... and rebuilding...and rebuilding..."

It's spread to the fans too. I don't know how many times I've heard people defend the position we are in for the last 15 years straight. " We're rebuilding... and rebuilding...and rebuilding..."

It's troubling. I love when people use the word solid - it basically means no one other than a dolphins fan knows who said "solid" player is.

Some people do, but just look at the stands. I know the attendance has never been perfect, it was never THIS bad.

It's not that they're accepting it.. because...

They ARE mediocre..

in fact they're SUB-Mediocre talent-wise, and have been for years.

Wasn't it Gary Stevens who said "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****"

Back
Top Bottom