A Real Turning Point | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Real Turning Point

RevDolFan58

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Being a Dolphin fan sure has its share of ups and downs. From a long-term QB carousel...to a 1-15 season, from trying to hire a coach while there still is one employed to Bully-gate, we've seen our share of dysfunction. Yesterday we saw our team show true mental toughness, character, and passion in responding to a humiliating defeat in Baltimore. We saw just how much our often criticized QB means to the players...to the organization...and to the fans. And we saw how much the team means to him as well.

I've taken a lot of garbage from people I know for being a Dolphins fan. For 17 years, there's been this stench of losing and the cluelessness that often goes with it attached to them. I don't know if Tannehill will return this season, even after the good news about his injury today. I don't know if we'll make the playoffs...but even if we do, we probably don't have the talent on the roster to make too much noise.

To me, yesterday marked something even better...a real turning point for the franchise. The team showed their devotion to one another and that they truly care...that they're a true team. I'd like to think that I'm always proud to be a Dolphins fan, but if I'm honest with myself, some days are harder than others. After yesterday, I'm more proud than I can remember being in a long time. It really feels like this team has turned a corner. Gase has really changed the culture of the franchise and I'm more hopeful for our future than I've been in years.

Even if we don't make the playoffs this season, that change was the most important thing that needed to happen, in my opinion.

The season is already a win considering where this franchise is coming from. Everything from here is icing. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a head coach. Something we haven't been able to say for 20 years. An upper echelon head coach, I believe, or certainly with the strong potential to be one soon.

Regardless of what happens, I firmly believe that Adam Gase is the head coach we've been waiting for to come in and change the culture. This isn't gimmicks and luck like the 2008 team. This is a team that's being built to contend under arguably the best young coach in football. I'll be disappointed if we came all this way and missed the playoffs, but I do feel genuine excitement for the future, and that's something I haven't been able to say in a long time.

Ladies and Gentleman we have found a good coach. That is the biggest difference between this and last year. The difference in losing and winning is a thin line and we have tilted positively towards winning. There is no doubt that Gase has made and will continue to make this team relevant.

For me, it has been one of the best seasons I have had in a long time. Playoffs for me is just sweet if we get there. I believe we will because they have worked so hard to get to this point why stop. I am glad and grateful for news on T-hill because he is our FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK. I expect us to win out that's how I feel now. Not can they win out? It is so fun to be winning. People here in Billings, Montana are not to familiar with our Dolphins but, everywhere I go here I get a GO DOLPHINS!!! Feels good. Seriously I do not want it to end. 2016 has been special so far but they can make it even better and sweeter if they get in and dare I say it make some noise and win one or two. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom