A retarded question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A retarded question

phins054

Pitbull
Reaction score
In a hypothetical situation...

A player is about to score a definate TD...there are NO defenders near the ball carrier. He is close to the sidelines and a coach or player grabs him and yanks him out of bounds. What happens next???

I mean what a 15 yarder?

Place the ball at the 1?

Give the team the TD anyways?

What do the rules say???:evil:

Chapter 46, section 10, paragraph 13, lines 5 and 6.

"A player residing along the sidelines, not directly involved in the current play, who steps onto the field and directly interacts with members of either team, shall have his toenails removed by Chinese torture artists."

Damn I guess that's why you never see that happen.

;)

Originally posted by phins054
In a hypothetical situation...

A player is about to score a definate TD...there are NO defenders near the ball carrier. He is close to the sidelines and a coach or player grabs him and yanks him out of bounds. What happens next???

I mean what a 15 yarder?

Place the ball at the 1?

Give the team the TD anyways?

What do the rules say???:evil:

Touchdown Awarded (Palpably Unfair Act)

1. When Referee determines a palpably unfair act deprived a team of a touchdown. (Example: Player comes off bench and tackles runner apparently en route to touchdown.)

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/penaltysummaries.html

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
oh come on 39, mine was much funnier...lol
Based on the rule
When Referee determines a palpably unfair act deprived a team of a touchdown.
we should have been awarded a TD in the 1st Jets game last year when Jay was picked at the end of that game. The arfing refs should have determined that that was a palpably unfair act deprived us of a touchdown and keep a streak alive that is all Jets fans have to live for :evil: :cry: :fire:

BTW palpably Capable of being handled, touched, or felt; tangible: “Anger rushed out in a palpable wave through his arms and legs†(Herman Wouk).

Chapter 46, section 10, paragraph 13, lines 5 and 6.

Damn I guess that's why you never see that happen.

;)

"Spoken like a true Protestant."

Yea except I'm not...wierd huh?

It was a quote from hannibal. It was meant as a joke.

I know booyeah, lol, I was just playing stupid. Damn I guess I do that too well. ;)

Aren't players, coaches, assistants, etc. not allowed past the 35 yard line anyways? Meaning they're required to stay in between the 35 yard markers. Not allowed near the EZ's anyway. Unless I'm wrong......again. :p

I think we're all missing the humor in this. Try to picture Dick Vermeil running onto the field tackling Ricky Williams as he's about to score. I swear I started laughing just thinking about it. :lol:

Originally posted by Expo88
I think we're all missing the humor in this. Try to picture Dick Vermeil running onto the field tackling Ricky Williams as he's about to score. I swear I started laughing just thinking about it. :lol:

The mental picture of that one had me laughing out loud... just imagining Vermeil lowering his shoulder and laying out Ricky with a Blindside hit... now that would be a sight to see. :)

Originally posted by grooves12

The mental picture of that one had me laughing out loud... just imagining Vermeil lowering his shoulder and laying out Ricky with a Blindside hit... now that would be a sight to see. :)
Vermeil would not see since he w/b knock out cold :sleep: and if he did not try to take out RWs legs, RW would probably barely notice him. Now if it were Mike Tice or Bill Parcell's :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom