A shakeup at strong side linebacker? Koa or Ike? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A shakeup at strong side linebacker? Koa or Ike?

This is exactly why I wanted Jerry Hughes, BUT to think that Wake "lost it" is kinda funny.I agree with Dole, as soon as Nolan starts coaching Wake will be fine. But if for some reason he doesn't do well, WOLB is RD1 next year..

Jerry Hughes really is not much different that Cam Wake. He was the best pass rusher in the draft imo, but that's all he is. Not an all around player in the least bit, which is what we needed at the SOLB position, and why we got Misi.

Wake will turn on the pass rush at Buffalo and beyond. They must be less worried about him than Dobbins/Johnson to have Anderson going inside. Misi is having a hard enough time figuring out solb. They aren't giving Francis more solb reps at this stage thinking later they'll send Misi to wolb. There's no precedent for it with how they've dealt with other positions this preseason.

you pull cam wake and the outside pass rush barring some serious scheming on nolans part goes in the tank...no way i'm pulling the best pure pass rusher on the team...i don't care whats gone down in some preseason games...and i still don't think wake as a pass rusher has performed bad to begin with...

So 0 QB Sacks and 0 QB Hits in about 6 to 8 quarters of play from supposedly your biggest pass rush threat is not bad?

OK.

Koa is still a rookie.
As excited as we all are, ya can't forget that.

you pull cam wake and the outside pass rush barring some serious scheming on nolans part goes in the tank...no way i'm pulling the best pure pass rusher on the team...i don't care whats gone down in some preseason games...and i still don't think wake as a pass rusher has performed bad to begin with...

I agree. We've gotten very little pressure rushing 3-4 guys in the preseason, and the little but we have gotten, Wake has gotten a lot of. I seen enough of Wake last year to know he's a dynamic pass rusher, and no preseason games will change that. Besides, we're not exactly stacked with pass rushers at OLB...

i'm counting on Starks - Grant - Wake with a blitzer somewhere to be disruptive, or we are doomed to giving up big plays again.

ckparrothead might be right about Wake being the problem. Word today is that Misi is being worked at both OLB spots. This might mean Wake gets less playing time, not Misi.

So 0 QB Sacks and 0 QB Hits in about 6 to 8 quarters of play from supposedly your biggest pass rush threat is not bad?

OK.

Odrick has zero stats as well but you praise him. I know its not the same position. But they haven't asked him to pin his ears back and get the passer much this preseason. He's gotten much better pass rush then Misi so far. Much better

ckparrothead might be right about Wake being the problem. Word today is that Misi is being worked at both OLB spots. This might mean Wake gets less playing time, not Misi.

misi is gonna struggle with nfl left tackles off the edge...i think him at wolb is a pretty big fail as a pass rusher

Odrick has zero stats as well but you praise him. I know its not the same position. But they haven't asked him to pin his ears back and get the passer much this preseason. He's gotten much better pass rush then Misi so far. Much better

1. Odrick plays a 3-4 DE position from which it is MUCH harder to accumulate those statistics.
2. He does in fact have at least one QB Hit/Hurry on the record with the gamebooks.

What do you mean they haven't asked him to rush the passer? What do you think he's doing when he's on the field in nickel downs? Knitting?

Stop with the excuses. He's not playing well and needs to play better.

Same stats as Odrick, who you've been giving rave reviews on all along.

Wow, I didn't think there'd be two people misguided enough to start comparing the stats of a primary pass rushing 3-4 WOLB with those of a 3-4 DE.

And for the record yes Jared Odrick has appeared on the gamebooks with pressures on the QB. And so has Charles Grant. Not once for Cam Wake. Not once for Koa Misi. Which is probably why Tony Sparano specifically talked about being concerned about pass rush production from his OLBs.

Back
Top Bottom