A shakeup at strong side linebacker? Koa or Ike? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A shakeup at strong side linebacker? Koa or Ike?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
There may be a battle brewing at strong-side linebacker for the Miami Dolphins.

Ikaika Alama-Francis, coming off a five-tackle showing in Friday’s preseason loss to the Falcons, got some work with the first unit during Sunday’s practice inside the bubble.

Koa Misi, the second-rounder who has started the first three preseason games, worked some with the second unit but also took first-team reps as well, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said.

“We’re looking at him there right now,” Sparano said of IAF, who just keeps impressing as he gets used to his new position. “Not necessarily a change, and it might even just include that Ike was in that group and we’re maybe looking at Koa as well. …

“Not really a change, but [IAF] was in the first group today. I would say it’s about trying to align in some situations … your ducks up in the right order a little bit.”

In other words, there’s a position battle brewing.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...sweblog+(Miami+Dolphins+|+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs)

They'll likely be rotating in and out for the first few weeks (that's what she said).

I expect Ike to start week 1 with Misi coming in on passing downs and goal-like situations.

Francis played bad against the Jags, he has looked good setting the edge and had a great game against the Falcons, but against the Jags his play was real bad. Still think Misi wins it.

here we go....I'm just happy to have two very capable guys. Dont want the rookie hitting the wall.

A shakeup? Sparano already said no shakeup. Said they were just trying IKA with the 1st team. Based on preseason play, it's quite obvious Misi is a better player than IKA.

Well if Sparano does'nt make it as a coach, he'll definately have
a job waiting for him in politics. Have'nt heard anybody talk so
much and say less since the last presidential election. Let me
guess, his favorite breakfast food are waffles.

" when is somebody going to go on the record here "
Jason Robards as Ben Bradlee in " All the presidents men "

impossible. according to this board Misi is great and Francis sucks.
Ike does suck. Played a little better in the run game against the Falcons, but that's about the only improvement I've seen. If you watch the cutback run Jennings had in the Jags, you begin to question his run defense. A slot comes out and nearly knocks Ike to the ground. I mean he hits him right underr the chin. Ike then tries to recover and falls down. Completely takes himself out of the play and Jennings gains 25 yards. I've seen other poor plays from him both in the run and pass game. I'd be very shocked and disappointed if he started. I saw two very good plays be Misi yesterday. His bull rush on the 3rd down completion on the first drive would have gotten there had the coverage been better. And then his pass break-up was something we haven't seen from our SSOLB in a while.

It is likely a motivation ploy by the coaching staff to get Misi to step up his game. I have been very surprised and pleased with how Alama-Franics has performed, but I still think the starting job belongs to Misi.

ike will get destroyed in coverage...i mean lit up...he brings some ability to push the pocket vs the run and split in line blocking...but he's pretty stiff and looks lost in space...

if ike did play over misi imo it would be to spell him some on run downs...misi needs to learn that these nfl athletes are much better than he thinks and maintain contain and stop slipping inside...he'll start a play in good position with his arms extended and all but once the ball starts to come his way he gets sucked inside way too much...leaving him diving from poor angles

and in the jags game te marcedes lewis moved misi way too much for my taste...so far he looks ok but i'm not seeing special upside...and he hasn't really been tested down the field in coverage...which is coming

Back
Top Bottom