A sign you have a good agent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A sign you have a good agent

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
To get this out of a team...........

As part of his $55 million, five-year deal with Toronto, A.J. Burnett's wife, Karen, is entitled to eight round trips by limousine per season between Toronto and their home in Maryland. She doesn't like to fly.

MikeO said:

As part of his $55 million, five-year deal with Toronto, A.J. Burnett's wife, Karen, is entitled to eight round trips by limousine per season between Toronto and their home in Maryland. She doesn't like to fly.

how long of a ride would that be?

:nono: I think the team is just dying for some pitching.

LOL, thats awesome :rofl3: i wonder how many other contracts have little things added in there??

SuavePhin said:
LOL, thats awesome :rofl3: i wonder how many other contracts have little things added in there??

Lots, I know Clemens and Pettite get all kinds of small perks, but I can't remember them exactly. Most big guys that have signed contracts recently have been asking for extra's..

MikeO said:

LOL....I saw that.

I also read that his contract has an out FOR HIM after 3 years. Essentially, if he is outperforming the contract HE can opt out of it after three years and become a free agent again. If he underperforms the contract he just keeps it going until it expires...that is GENIUS on his agents part.

Reminiscent of Kevin Brown's Learjet deal with the Dodgers. That turned out great for them, didn't it?

RWhitney014 said:
Reminiscent of Kevin Brown's Learjet deal with the Dodgers. That turned out great for them, didn't it?

Ya this is nothing new.. That was a good one, didn't he get to use it like 8 weeks a year or something like that..

cnc66 said:
how long of a ride would that be?

8-10 hours, depending on border traffic.

Clemens has a clause in his contract that he doesn't have to travel to road games unless he's scheduled to pitch. That's about the sweetest perk I've heard yet.

Edit: I guess I should say "Clemens HAD a clause...", since he's no longer under contract to the Astros. :goof:

phunwin said:
8-10 hours, depending on border traffic.

Clemens has a clause in his contract that he doesn't have to travel to road games unless he's scheduled to pitch. That's about the sweetest perk I've heard yet.

Edit: I guess I should say "Clemens HAD a clause...", since he's no longer under contract to the Astros. :goof:
Houston's owner also allowed Clemens access to his private jet.

Back
Top Bottom