A Silver Lining... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Silver Lining...

You guys are pissed.. Just imagine how Steelers fans feel right now after that late int in the endzone.

No silver lining here. Just Miami doing Miami things. I’m rooting for 5-11 and a top 10 pick now. Call me all names under the sun if you like. I want an impact player in the draft which is now the focus since the season is officially over.

Aside from the loss and the situations leading up to that loss, I may be the only one who isn't SUPER DUPER mad about it.

For the first time in a long time, the Dolphins looked like a good team when they were playing another good team. I wasn't just watching the game because I'm a fan. It was enough give and take to make this a loss I can stomach because we are trending upwards.

The O was better. Run D was better. The run game worked early.

Silver lining continues to be the special teams. Talk about phenomenal.

We flat out intimidated Adam Vinatieri on that field goal scuff. Naturally the announcers were too clueless and gutless to define it that way, but it is absolutely what happened. A kicker like that never chunks it so badly unless the opponent is in his head. We nearly blocked the second Colts extra point, the one after a 5 yard penalty. Vinatieri barely made that one inside the left upright. Then we block the punt. Vinatieri is seeing pressure everywhere, in contrast to most opponents who make token attempts to actually rush the field goals and punts. So Vinatieri on that chunked kick is like a golfer who is uncomfortable standing over the ball to begin with. He's anticipating a full out rush but doesn't know where the danger point will be. Rizzi not only creates pressure but mixes it up well. I told the people I was watching the game with that Vinatieri would miss that field goal.

Too bad it came relatively early in the game. Vinatieri isn't going to be mentally shook up on every kick. But actually the only one he hit well was the field goal to cut the deficit to 24-17. That one was flush and end over end. Otherwise he hit lots of knuckle balls, including on the game winning kick.

Our punting game is also fantastic. When we punt from our 20 I'm always confident the net will be 50 yards or thereabouts. The Dolphins very rarely allow missed tackles on punt returns.

Obviously the one mistake was penalties on the final kickoff. That was a weird situation set up by the frustration penalty on Xavien Howard on the touchdown pass to Ebron. A smart team was going to pooch it there and the Colts did. Great placement by Vinatieri, just outside the goal line.

That is one example where the college rule of a fair catch anywhere inside the 25 being placed on the 25 would have completely changed the final minutes of the game. But I am glad the NFL has not adopted that rule.

The O was better. Run D was better. The run game worked early.
This is all I'm basically saying. This was a game where it wasn't decided until the very end...and we were in control more often than not up until the very end. There are not many times we can say that playing a decent team.

Yes the team did not look a ****-show today, I agree. They were not embarrassed.

My quick take-aways:

1) Gase has no sack.
2) DVP is done.
3) Carroo might stick for another year.
4) Get Geisicki off the field until he gains weight, works on his strength and agility.
5) Kiko is a baller - having a great season.
6) Re-up X as soon as possible.
7) Gore is the man.
8) Charles Harris will be out of the league soon. Kid just doesn't have it.
9) Andre Branch is a non-factor.
10) Fins Special Teams are great.

7-9 here we come.

Yes the team did not look a ****-show today, I agree. They were not embarrassed.

My quick take-aways:

1) Gase has no sack.
2) DVP is done.
3) Carroo might stick for another year.
4) Get Geisicki off the field until he gains weight, works on his strength and agility.
5) Kiko is a baller - having a great season.
6) Re-up X as soon as possible.
7) Gore is the man.
8) Charles Harris will be out of the league soon. Kid just doesn't have it.
9) Andre Branch is a non-factor.
10) Fins Special Teams are great.

7-9 here we come.
Charles Harris Played?

I know he was active. I believe I saw his jersey out there once or twice, but he has zero stats. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

I know he was active. I believe I saw his jersey out there once or twice, but he has zero stats. If I am wrong, someone correct me.
I only noticed him for an offsides penalty that Indy rejected because they converted.

I was like who the hell is #90?

Back
Top Bottom