A Silver Lining... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Silver Lining...

Prophetic...or naw?

When we're still in the playoff hunt, I have no sympathy for moral victories. This was a winnable game we failed to win … and not the first time that has happened this season either.

I'm not overly mad too about the game for some reason. I think it's because i had totally written off this game as yet another embarrassing loss. It wasn't that. But where I don't agree with the OP is on the remark about it being two good teams. It was quite the opposite in my view, I thought we played to the best of our ability for the large majority of the game, the problem is our top level is not very high, this is a team severely lacking in talent, we hung with a much more talented group for a long time only to lose it to a great play by a very talented GB whom we made look average for the most part. There are positives here, X with another game with multiple Ints, Tannehill with a pair of TDs and didn't give the ball away, bothe Drake and Gore ran the ball well, the Oline held up well. The D held a potent offense to under 30 points, sacked their QB for the first time in 5 games.

Having said all that, at the end of the day we lost, we had a 10 point lead with less than 5 mins on the clock and we couldn't see it through. Why ? Lots of theories, but at the end of the day it comes down to just not having the players to close out games like this, the quality as I said within this team is very sub par, that was obvious coming into the season and when the injury bug hit us, it just exposed the thoroughly bad job we've done in building a roster that can be anything more than that. This is what we've been shooting for and it's not good enough:

images

I was where you are a few weeks back, accepting all the excuses. 5-5 with a backup in 5 games, injury bug etc and on and on but this optimism will get you knowhere but ready to jump off a building. The Colts are not a good team, the last games included..

Raiders
Jets
Bills
Jaxsonville
Titans
Dolphins

They were 5-5 like us coming into this game with wins against crappy teams, the only difference is the media hyped up the Colts winning against these crappy teams while they don’t give us credit for those very same wins. Bottom line we got up 10 on a crappy team and we shut the bed by our HC playing not to lose, our Franchise QB not finding open guys or extending the play to make something happen. There is no silver linings in this episode of the Dolphins perpetualy suck. We just got verification that we are not a middle of the pack team with a chance to go to the playoffs we are a bottom tier team that can beat similarly crappy franchises with not one bright spot of hope. This is a total rebuild.

The wide 9 with undersized lineman, doesn’t work. The fast linebackers who can’t shed blocks doesn’t work. The speedy bubble screen receivers with no Alpha downfield threat doesn’t work, the talented RB who scored 2 TD’s today because he was utilized will get his 6-8 touches again moving forward , QB who plays 3 good quarters doesn’t work
Play Frank Gore to grind out 69 yards with no big play ability doesn’t work. High priced non athletic O line with injury histories doesn’t work. HC guru who plays horizontal football when the yard sticks are vertical doesn’t work. Nothing works, it’s broken, there is no light, there is no silver lining, there is only the hope we can tear this down and throw the dart at a bullseye with a new regime because this one doesn’t work.

Charles Harris Played?
Yup he played and promptly got a penalty on his 1st play back. Harris found God in the off season and now speaks to the masses. When instead he should be crushing QB azzes!!! The guy is done, he's doesn't have a football mentality!!

I'm not overly mad too about the game for some reason. I think it's because i had totally written off this game as yet another embarrassing loss. It wasn't that. But where I don't agree with the OP is on the remark about it being two good teams. It was quite the opposite in my view, I thought we played to the best of our ability for the large majority of the game, the problem is our top level is not very high, this is a team severely lacking in talent, we hung with a much more talented group for a long time only to lose it to a great play by a very talented GB whom we made look average for the most part. There are positives here, X with another game with multiple Ints, Tannehill with a pair of TDs and didn't give the ball away, bothe Drake and Gore ran the ball well, the Oline held up well. The D held a potent offense to under 30 points, sacked their QB for the first time in 5 games.

Having said all that, at the end of the day we lost, we had a 10 point lead with less than 5 mins on the clock and we couldn't see it through. Why ? Lots of theories, but at the end of the day it comes down to just not having the players to close out games like this, the quality as I said within this team is very sub par, that was obvious coming into the season and when the injury bug hit us, it just exposed the thoroughly bad job we've done in building a roster that can be anything more than that. This is what we've been shooting for and it's not good enough:

images
Indy is not a good team which makes it worse. Their 6 wins include the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Raiders, Jacksonville and the titans all have losing records and they needed two non calls for holding at the end of the game to win. We lost to an OK team when we lead by 10 in the 4th.

Aside from the loss and the situations leading up to that loss, I may be the only one who isn't SUPER DUPER mad about it.

For the first time in a long time, the Dolphins looked like a good team when they were playing another good team. I wasn't just watching the game because I'm a fan. It was enough give and take to make this a loss I can stomach because we are trending upwards.

Though I know what your talking about, it really is tough to think of the game being any kind of a silver lining, considering we loss.

Either way, good to see a positive post, don't let all the angry people that feel the need to attack you for being positive, you know how this place gets after a loss...It's almost "HOW DARE YOU BE POSITIVE" mode around here after a loss.

I know he was active. I believe I saw his jersey out there once or twice, but he has zero stats. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

He's very difficult to notice when he's in on passing downs. Against the run, he's noticeable in a bad way. First guy to stand out on the replay of a huge run.

A real yucky player, but a nice guy -- #Culture.

Indy is not a good team which makes it worse. Their 6 wins include the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Raiders, Jacksonville and the titans all have losing records and they needed two non calls for holding at the end of the game to win. We lost to an OK team when we lead by 10 in the 4th.

They are an average team, probably end up around the 8-9 win range, but they are still considerably more talented than us which is a sad thing.

Not sure why people are hyping up the Colts. The talent level on that team isn't all that great either. It is a game before the season started that I expected the Dolphins to win. Despite all the injuries it was still a game the Dolphins should have won. If the Dolphins had competent coordinators they would have won.When the Colts are exposed by better teams before the season is over we can come back while both laughing and crying about this at the same time.

Many people say we should be 7-4. I think Indy beats the Bills and Jets if the games were played over. They could be 7-4 as well.

They are an average team, probably end up around the 8-9 win range, but they are still considerably more talented than us which is a sad thing.
Yup. Very sad. All they have is Luck and Hilton, we don’t even have that.

Many people say we should be 7-4. I think Indy beats the Bills and Jets if the games were played over. They could be 7-4 as well.
They did beat the Bills and Jets, that’s what I’m saying, all their wins are against piss poor teams like us.

Back
Top Bottom